Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 03, 2024, 05:27:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You can't win... In a "rage" I loose... "happy" I'm getting played I think.  (Read 574 times)
Cipher13

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: July 10, 2013, 01:28:37 PM »

I was just thinking. I post when wthings are bad or a situation has me in a bind. I feel at tose times I'm at a loss and I'm have to find tools to cope and help with the 'rage'.  I feel like i'm am lossing even though I have support. That support helps me but doesn't fix the problem.  What happens when its all going right? Like right now... . She is in a loving caring mood. Its awesome... . or is it. I fear for the next rage but I welcome the calm soothing feelings. Infact I am a slave to them and I through all the fuel I can to keep that fire going and to keep the "rage" from coming back. 

I'm not doing anything for myself. I am just working my but off to try to keep the good going as long as I can regardless of what it takes... . I didn't step back to think about that before. If I stop fueling the good beast I will get the bad. I loose either way!

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Grey Kitty

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 04:02:19 PM »

You are right--When a pwBPD is dysregulated (raging) there is no way to win.

As the computer said in the movie War Games way back when... .

Excerpt
Global Thermonuclear War is a funny game. The only way to win is not to play.

If you leave the rage, you stop losing.
iluminati

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2013, 04:33:03 PM »

You need to figure out how to develop your own life.  I'm not saying don't speak to your wife.  I am saying that you cannot make keeping her happy your priority.  If you're responsible for keeping her happy, guess who is going to be responsible for the next rage.

He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.~ Matthew 5:45
bruceli

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2013, 06:58:51 PM »

You are right--When a pwBPD is dysregulated (raging) there is no way to win.

As the computer said in the movie War Games way back when... .

Excerpt
Global Thermonuclear War is a funny game. The only way to win is not to play.

[/color]

If you leave the rage, you stop losing.

How true... . The 80's weren't all bad Smiling (click to insert in post)
bruceli

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 07:02:02 PM »

You need to figure out how to develop your own life.   I'm not saying don't speak to your wife.  I am saying that you cannot make keeping her happy your priority.  If you're responsible for keeping her happy, guess who is going to be responsible for the next rage.

The rages were worst when I did so, so slowly intergrating our lives together have been bringing better results for me.  The process however has been shaky and slow but all in all better... . Rages have been down to a dull roar... . atleast for now... .
iluminati

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 07:20:11 PM »

You need to figure out how to develop your own life.   I'm not saying don't speak to your wife.  I am saying that you cannot make keeping her happy your priority.  If you're responsible for keeping her happy, guess who is going to be responsible for the next rage.

The rages were worst when I did so, so slowly intergrating our lives together have been bringing better results for me.  The process however has been shaky and slow but all in all better... . Rages have been down to a dull roar... . atleast for now... .

You need to do so again.  It will cause an extinction burst, but once you get through that, you'll be fine as she will learn that a rage won't get her what she wants.  Try it again.  It will be the best for you AND her.

He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.~ Matthew 5:45
Chosen

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2013, 09:21:44 PM »

I feel for you, Cipher13.  I'm on the receiving end of many rages as well.  It's very tough, and it does make you feel so stuck, right?

I used to think that I was responsible for my H's rages too.  And I would do everything I could to keep the peace.   Like you said, whatever it takes, right?  Yet in the end he still raged, and I was so depressed and scared all the time... . so what's the problem? 

The problem is, although we have to learn how to communicate better, our pwBPDs choose the way they communicate.  There are lots of people who are angry but don't rage.  Yet they chose that, and although they want to blame us, they can't.  It would be like claiming somebody "make" you kill them.  They have to responsible for their actions.

And they way they learn not to rage is by you not responding to that rage.  You leave, or you disengage, instead trying to "make everything better" for them.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest