Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 07, 2024, 07:07:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New here—Struggling to cope with adult daughter's moods  (Read 372 times)
Season1
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Family other

« on: March 27, 2018, 08:18:01 AM »

My adult daughter who lives with me has BPD.  I'm nearly 60 and she is 26.  I am struggling to cope with her moods and the forthright way she speaks to my friends.  I love her dearly.  What can I do?
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Huat

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Estranged

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2018, 10:48:58 AM »

Hello Season1   Welcome to BPD Family.

For sure, dealing with someone who exhibits BPD behaviours is a struggle... .a real challenge.  Everyone here can attest to that.  So sorry this is your story, too.

Tell us more about your situation.  Is your daughter holding down a job?  Do you have family support?  Have you or your daughter ever had counselling?

So glad you found this website, Season1.  It is a first step towards a different and, hopefully, a better tomorrow.  If you want change to happen, though, it has to start with you.  To the right Bullet: important point (click to insert in post) Bullet: important point (click to insert in post) is a treasure trove of information with links to even more.

What you will find here is support as you walk your way through making changes.  For me, it was nice knowing I had someplace to vent and be heard... .all the while being anonymous.  I could pour out my heart without worrying about being judged.  Hope you find that same kind of comfort here.

Once again... .welcome to you Season1.  As you read the posts of others and have others respond to you, you will find that your story is not totally unique... .you are not alone in your struggles.

Huat

bluek9

we are full of color

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2018, 01:58:48 PM »

Welcome Season1,

I join Huat in supporting you and telling you that this is a great place to be for those of us who struggle. Just so you know I can relate, I'm 60 and my daughter (35) lives with me. Yes of course life has been a challenge to say the least. I can tell you with all certainty there is hope! For both of you.
       I'm sorry you are going through this, it's such a hard time; but we are here for you. Please keep posting and us know how you are doing. Ask all the questions you want, you will get feed back. Hope to hear from you soon.

H:healing, O:options, PE:positive encouragement
Rosie1q

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 07:17:25 AM »

Hi Season 1.
I’m so glad you have found this site as a mum I can only say welcome  and read everything you can and try using the tools. Have some time out with your friends if you can meet up for a coffee so you get to relax .My daughter is 42 years old and I understand as we all do what you are going through. But with understanding of this horrible illness and being able to share with others in the same boat you hopefully find it helpful. Your not alone we really do understand what you are going through  . We’re here for you take care of yourself  x
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest