Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 06, 2024, 05:02:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for advice after BPD ex reached out  (Read 182 times)
chemist52

What is your sexual orientation: Other
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: single

« on: June 14, 2023, 11:08:27 AM »

It’s been a few months since I’ve posted here, and I first wanted to thank everyone who read and responded to that initial post. It helped me gain a lot of insight as to what BPD is like, and that my experience dating one was not a unique one.

To summarize: my ex and I were on and off for 3 1/2 years due to his illness. The constant pushing and pulling, paranoia and splitting finally got to me. After a loving weekend at his house in which we had plans that night and had a deposit on a vacation, he dumped me. Up until a few days ago, it was six months since we’ve spoken.

A few days ago, he texted me and almost everyone in my friend group a message (it sounded like one generated on ChatGPT according to one of my friends). Basically, he said twice he wasn’t expecting anything in return, hope I finished my first year of college okay, hoping I was able to heal and move on, and wishing me happiness and joy in the things I love and care about and hoping I continue to find my happiness.

I am not sure how to take this. I haven’t responded and not sure if I plan on it. I’m curious what his motive is for texting not just me, but my friends. Any advice would be great, thank you!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 03:48:41 AM by chemist52 » Logged
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest