Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 07:50:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Well... Spent NYE having WW3 with the ex and her new guy  (Read 604 times)
Joshuaua

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: January 01, 2015, 06:04:44 PM »

My ex had come back to me two weeks ago and slept with me for a week behind her boyfriends back. She then called me a week later after NC contemplating suicide... Then last night to wish me a Happy New Years. Both times she called she said she was with family and couldn't talk. Turns out she was sneaking away from her new guy and was calling me. I had no idea, neither did he. So he checks her call logs and sees her calls to me and texts me on her phone "All right man

Please stop calling my girlfriend. I'd appreciated it

It would be the right thing to do" to which I invited him to call me. She calls flipping at me for some reason, even tho she'd just called to wish me a happy NY. She puts him on the phone and after her throwing in my face she "loves" him I said "so what did she tell you?" And he tells me what she had told him so I kindly told him the full truth about him being cheated on and lied to by her, told him about the 2-3 other guys she sexts, and let him know she called me. He breaks up with her... And she calls me multiple times crying and screaming at me.  Then she asks if I want to get a hotel cause she didn't wanna be there for the night with him. He later calls asking why I asked her to get a hotel. Again I let him know she offered to me.    What a night... I was just minding my business and get brought into this ___ all night. I probably didn't handle it right by exposing the truth but I've had about enough of her using him as a weapon against me.
Mutt
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 06:22:13 PM »

She calls flipping at me for some reason, even tho she'd just called to wish me a happy NY.

The cat's out of the bag. You slept with her while she's in a committed relationship. She's flipping out because it exposes her.

What feelings can be associated with cheating? BPD is an emotional based disorder, difficulties with self soothing, emotions amplified 2000 fold, emotional dysregulation.

It's not to say what she did is right, it is to say we don't have to contribute. We control ourselves. It takes two.

And she calls me multiple times crying and screaming at me.

Someone has to be the bad person.

She's in a committed relationship. You and him and her make 3 people.

Triangulation. As long as she's committed to him your going to be in the position of persecutor , wrong doings by anyone is blamed on you.

Your ex (victim) Her bf (rescuer) You (persecutor). Karpman Drama Triangle.

This can be a lesson. How would you handle this differently next time? A win-win situation?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Joshuaua

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 06:50:53 PM »

She calls flipping at me for some reason, even tho she'd just called to wish me a happy NY.

The cat's out of the bag. You slept with her while she's in a committed relationship. She's flipping out because it exposes her.

What feelings can be associated with cheating? BPD is an emotional based disorder, difficulties with self soothing, emotions amplified 2000 fold, emotional dysregulation.

It's not to say what she did is right, it is to say we don't have to contribute. We control ourselves. It takes two.

And she calls me multiple times crying and screaming at me.

Someone has to be the bad person.

She's in a committed relationship. You and him and her make 3 people.

Triangulation. As long as she's committed to him your going to be in the position of persecutor , wrong doings by anyone is blamed on you.

Your ex (victim) Her bf (rescuer) You (persecutor). Karpman Drama Triangle.

This can be a lesson. How would you handle this differently next time? A win-win situation?

she called flipping out before I had told him the truth because she was telling him it was me who called her several times. When Infact she controls the communication, meaning she has my number blocked so it was actually her calling me. So she was yelled at me over the phone Infront of him to keep her story going. Which I don't appreciate... I don't need her throwing him in my face repeatedly, or scoring points with the new guy at my expense.        And I don't know if she's really in a "committed" relationship.  She's broke up with him twice to come be with me. She's cheated on him with me and lied the whole time. She also sexts other guys her nude pics while he's away for work. And this has all taken place in the 1-1.5 months they've been together. I was with her for a year.   I feel like she's playing us again at eachother, or is using him to hurt me.  I'm done with it tho. I wouldn't have handled it any differently to be honest. He deserves to know the truth. And she should finally be accountable for her actions. I think she learned a life lesson her self... Don't cheat. And don't consistently try and hurt someone when you know they have something in their back pocket like I did.
Suzn
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 07:01:17 PM »

I think she learned a life lesson her self... Don't cheat. And don't consistently try and hurt someone when you know they have something in their back pocket like I did.

Caution, she doesn't think like you do. YOU would have learned this lesson.

“Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.” ~Jacob M. Braude
Joshuaua

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 07:10:52 PM »

I think she learned a life lesson her self... Don't cheat. And don't consistently try and hurt someone when you know they have something in their back pocket like I did.

ya that's true. I've definitely learned a lot. I learned just how low she can get and what lines she'll cross. 90% of this relationship I've taken her abuse and everyoncs in a while she gets the fight she's looking for. The way I see it is I wouldn't have had anything to tell him had she not cheated and lied to him and I wouldn't have had any motivation to tell him had she not continuously used me to make her look good and thrown him in my face in pretty cruel ways. She's the victim in her eyes only. I'm done with her and so is her newest ex Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
Mutt
Retired Staff

Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 07:12:12 PM »

When Infact she controls the communication, meaning she has my number blocked so it was actually her calling me. So she was yelled at me over the phone Infront of him to keep her story going. Which I don't appreciate... I don't need her throwing him in my face repeatedly, or scoring points with the new guy at my expense.

I understand. Can you control her behaviors?

Another option.

Don't Justify, Attack, Defend, Explain. JADE.

If you JADE how do you feel? I understand you don't want her to tarnish your good name, that said her reality is that you are a bad person. Can our words change this reality or her dissociations of reality?

Your title says WW3 not fun!

And I don't know if she's really in a "committed" relationship.  She's broke up with him twice to come be with me.

Perhaps you may feel you're not sure what direction that you want to take. That's OK.

The leaving board is a board for members that are detaching from their SO's. We have other boards like the undecided board where you can explore your feelings and objectives there.

It's beneficial that our needs are met by sharing on the correct board. The undecided board is a good place if you don't want to detach quite yet.

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Suzn
Retired Staff

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2015, 07:22:22 PM »

I'm done with her and so is her newest ex Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

I wouldn't be so sure about the newest ex. It's hard to speak for someone else. I've been in your shoes, it's hard to realize that they can go back just like we did. 

What are you going to do, for you, that's different after this last breakup so that you aren't pulled back in?

“Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.” ~Jacob M. Braude
fromheeltoheal

Relationship status: Broken up, I left her

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2015, 07:33:49 PM »

Excerpt
My ex had come back to me two weeks ago and slept with me for a week behind her boyfriends back.

90% of this relationship I've taken her abuse and everyoncs in a while she gets the fight she's looking for.

This drama is optional yes?  Do you know what you want?  Will you get it from her on a sustainable basis?
Infared

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2015, 08:04:14 PM »

Yes... I agree. She has learned nothing here. She just got caught is all.

My ex repeatedly baited me to engage in this stuff. I just wouldn't play. She was living with my replacement and did a quadruple drive-bye (I was outside putting my MTB on my car) and she pulled in behind my car... .she opened the door and started to get out while I immediately started asking if she wad still "with" my replacement (in a stern voice)... she said yes and I said "GOOD bye".

She never stood up... .it looked like she was on a string and someone pulled her back in the car... all in one motion. (5-year old children usually obey a strong command).  It just about killed me to take care of me... .I truly loved her very deeply... .It ruined my year... .driving her away... .but my T was very proud of me for not playing her selfish games, and taking care of me.  I know now that she is mentally ill... .but try to convince my heart of that!

It is such a horrible trauma to go through... .at least it was for me.

The best you can do for you is to just stay away from the sickness. It will just get worse and wackier.
Joshuaua

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2015, 08:04:46 PM »

I'm done with her and so is her newest ex Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

I wouldn't be so sure about the newest ex. It's hard to speak for someone else. I've been in your shoes, it's hard to realize that they can go back just like we did. 

What are you going to do, for you, that's different after this last breakup so that you aren't pulled back in?

i don't think he's done either. She's in the position right now where she looks really really bad.  And feels bad. She lied. Cheated. Etc. and got exposed when didn't expect it. So I have a feeling she'll be consumed with chasing him to write the wrong. I don't think she likes feeling bad about herself so she'll be trying to fix it. I don't even care anymore.   I could never trust the girl now and once another guys in the picture it'll be a triangle for ever.      What's different for me after this breakup? I'll never go back to a girl who can go to such levels to try and hurt me. She's become a user, manipulator and one hell of a liar. The girl I loved for a year had her flaws but the ones she's showing now are extremely unattractive in a person.
Joshuaua

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2015, 08:06:27 PM »

My ex had come back to me two weeks ago and slept with me for a week behind her boyfriends back.

90% of this relationship I've taken her abuse and everyoncs in a while she gets the fight she's looking for.

This drama is optional yes?  Do you know what you want?  Will you get it from her on a sustainable basis?

it is optional. And I'm done with it. I was having a great night last night. Was quite happy she'd called to say happy New Years. And then out of nowhere my nights spent screaming and yelling between them.  She only called me to either plant te seed to sleep with me again or to cause drama in her life. Who knows.
fromheeltoheal

Relationship status: Broken up, I left her

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2015, 08:16:14 PM »

Excerpt
I don't even care anymore.

That will be tested when she shows up again, which she probably will, it's early.  You sound strong and a little pissed off and disgusted, which is good and can help you stick to your resolve.  Take care of you!
Suzn
Retired Staff

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2015, 08:17:19 PM »

So I have a feeling she'll be consumed with chasing him to write the wrong.

Maybe so. He may be able to see this situation as a big red flag and see that his boundaries have been trampled and that she doesn't value him as a person.

90% of this relationship I've taken her abuse.

Why did you stay?

Joshuaua

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2015, 08:25:51 PM »

So I have a feeling she'll be consumed with chasing him to write the wrong.

Maybe so. He may be able to see this situation as a big red flag and see that his boundaries have been trampled and that she doesn't value him as a person.

90% of this relationship I've taken her abuse.

Why did you stay?

well, when he asking for the truth and be heard it he sure sounded done with her. He's 35, has a big house, told her he loved her after a few weeks so I feel he's more desperate then he leads on. I feel fairly certain she's chasing him right now.   Which is fine... It was bugging me before last night but finding out she called me at 2:30 in the morning saying she's going to kill herself without me knowing she was with him... It disgusts me. They prob just got in a fight or something stupid.               And why did I stay? I've thought about that a lot. I chased the girl for 4 years just to get a date. She always seemed like the girl of my dreams. And was for a longtime when I finally got her. We had everything in common. Could laugh all day. Could spend the day having the most amazing conversations.  Endless sex. And I also was prob craving a serious relationship again. It had been a while. I also tend to give girls a thousand chances... Which will NOT be happening anymore.
Joshuaua

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2015, 08:29:21 PM »

I don't even care anymore.

That will be tested when she shows up again, which she probably will, it's early.  You sound strong and a little pissed off and disgusted, which is good and can help you stick to your resolve.  Take care of you!

i really am pissed. When or if she comes back afte chasing and getting her new guy back and she wants to talk to me again I'll have no time for her empty promises and momentary "niceness". Seeing how easy she lies and cheats and manipulates and uses. I'll never look at the girl in the same light. I recently gave her an epiphany when I told her I think she has BPD. however, as soon as a new guy comes in the picture she convinces herself that all she needed to do was find this new MR. perfect. Never realizing the same patterns will eventually show up.  She's a write off... A very addicting write off
Suzn
Retired Staff

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 08:58:18 PM »

finding out she called me at 2:30 in the morning saying she's going to kill herself without me knowing she was with him... It disgusts me.

I'm sorry that happened. That's a terrible position for someone to put you in.

And I also was prob craving a serious relationship again. It had been a while. I also tend to give girls a thousand chances...

That's the same reason I stayed, I was lonely when I met my ex. I tended to give a thousand chances too. I didn't know much about boundaries, which meant I didn't know how to protect myself from someone that would eventually hurt me deeply. By giving a thousand chances I taught this person there were no consequences for treating me poorly. I learned I played a role in that r/s by continuing to put myself in harms way, I didn't value myself any more than my ex valued me.

She's a write off... A very addicting write off

Good for you to notice this is addictive. What will you do to fight this addiction?

MrConfusedWithItAll

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 04:25:07 AM »

I guess there is more drama with triangulation - and they do love the drama.  It would be a good idea to walk away.  Even when they find stability with a partner - cheating will occur, just less regularly. 
hurting300

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2015, 04:35:03 AM »

Why would you even consider wanting to talk to someone who abused you 90% Of the time? You should take time away from this person since they have a new relationship and work on your self esteem and boundaries. It's not fair to you to put yourself into misery.

In the eye for an eye game, he who cares least, wins. I, for one. am never stepping into the ring with someone who is impulsive and doesn't think of the downstream consequences.
Joshuaua

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2015, 12:53:58 PM »

Why would you even consider wanting to talk to someone who abused you 90% Of the time? You should take time away from this person since they have a new relationship and work on your self esteem and boundaries. It's not fair to you to put yourself into misery.

it's a weird thing where I know I need to be done with this... But I'm not good at dealing with what that means. I love the girl very much, I hate the drama, and I hate that she has a new guy. It hurts. I miss her and we've only known she has BPD for a few weeks. I wish I had've figured it out sooner so she could've sought therapy. I guess I struggle with the idea of not having this girl in my life while I still love her and the idea of some new guy taking my place. I'm too emotional, too loving, and too much of a rescuer for my own good. I've recently sought out a T for the new year.
Infared

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2015, 02:46:13 PM »

>
Infared

« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2015, 02:48:12 PM »

it's a weird thing where I know I need to be done with this... But I'm not good at dealing with what that means. I love the girl very much, I hate the drama, and I hate that she has a new guy. It hurts. I miss her and we've only known she has BPD for a few weeks. I wish I had've figured it out sooner so she could've sought therapy. I guess I struggle with the idea of not having this girl in my life while I still love her and the idea of some new guy taking my place. I'm too emotional, too loving, and too much of a rescuer for my own good. I've recently sought out a T for the new year.

A lot of us are built just like you.  I know that I am. What we have to ask ourselves is WHY we would want to continually insert our head into that emotional meat grinder?

They are mentally ill. Mine hid it very well until she got the new supply and then she turned into an abusive person that I never met. If we keep going back for more and more of this, we are, too. RIGHT?
Infared

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2015, 02:48:31 PM »

^
Joshuaua

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2015, 05:26:13 PM »

A lot of us are built just like you.  I know that I am. What we have to ask ourselves is WHY we would want to continually insert our head into that emotional meat grinder?

They are mentally ill. Mine hid it very well until she got the new supply and then she turned into an abusive person that I never met. If we keep going back for more and more of this, we are, too. RIGHT?

I'm hurt by a lot of what she did but I'm also starting to get fed up with it. And the more I read up on BPD the less hurt I am because i know it was never really her fault, and that it's also hopeless. Readin up on karpman triangle just made me realize exactly what is going with me and her and her ex. I just wrote her a big email saying goodbye to her... And explaining why I need to say bye. She's had my phone blocked for months but kinda swoops in and calls when she pleases. It's her way of controlling the communication and she knows it drives me nuts. I told her that's done. Don't ever call unless my standards are ready to be met. Don't call for drama, don't call if the new BF is still around. And don't call til she's ready for therapy. I got emotional in the letter reminiscing of how we met and all the memories etc. but brought up how it was always her BPD that tore us apart. And that I can't do it anymore. She's lost the one guy who ever stood by her and loved her through her abuse and now I'm gone. And I have to say... It's a relief. I know she's playing tough right now after our big blow up the other night but someday... She'll reach out to me again   And I won't be taking the bait this time.   I also asked myself "am I a better version of myself with her?"  The answer is no. She kept me from going to the gym, we'd drink everyday, I was constantly stressed and torn, and constantly defending myself from her paranoid thoughts.
Joshuaua

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2015, 05:28:41 PM »

^

also, looking back at the last month I had one good week of reconnecting with her and good sex. Followed by 3-4 weeks of stress, drama and chaos.  So all in all... I'd have been better off continuing to get over her rather then opening up new wounds
myself

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2015, 05:51:14 PM »

"am I a better version of myself with her?"

That's a great question to ask, in ANY relationship.

Then looking at the facts. What needs changing? What can be appreciated?

Here's another question: Did you send the email to her?
Joshuaua

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2015, 05:59:25 PM »

"am I a better version of myself with her?"

That's a great question to ask, in ANY relationship.

Then looking at the facts. What needs changing? What can be appreciated?

Here's another question: Did you send the email to her?

yes I sent it. I don't feel like there's closure in the relationship when you walk away during major drama. It leaves hurt feelings that one of us will wanna fix and leaves things open. I'd rather explain my hurt, explain my view on things. Tell her why I'm done and say bye. That way I don't feel I've left anything unsaid, and won't wanna go find her again to say it. I wish she would give a proper goodbye too so she can feel that this is totally finished too.
Suzn
Retired Staff

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2015, 06:02:03 PM »

Joshuaua your story is pretty much the same as mine. I'm going to share with you what happened the last time I put something in writing and sent it to her because I don't want you to be caught off guard. My ex showed my "letter" to other people and told them "see! she's stalking me!"

I wasn't stalking her. I was just as confused about the getting back together, having great sex and conversation, then poof! She's gone again. I found out about several replacements. She was just playing games. I found out much later that she had told people that I had chased her with a gun, that I was abusive and the list goes on... .I was none of those things but people believed her.

I learned my lesson, NEVER send something like this in writing, if you are sure you are done, unless it's a restraining order. Of course this is just my opinion.

I would expect a response in this case. If it were me I would block everything if you don't want more stress and drama.

myself

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2015, 06:12:37 PM »

I'm with you on that, Joshuaua. I said my piece at the end, too.

Saying many of the same things you did, hoping she faces herself, etc.

About as close to closure as I'll get with her. It helped me walk away.
Trog

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2015, 06:14:23 PM »

Joshuaua your story is pretty much the same as mine. I'm going to share with you what happened the last time I put something in writing and sent it to her because I don't want you to be caught off guard. My ex showed my "letter" to other people and told them "see! she's stalking me!"

I wasn't stalking her. I was just as confused about the getting back together, having great sex and conversation, then poof! She's gone again. I found out about several replacements. She was just playing games. I found out much later that she had told people that I had chased her with a gun, that I was abusive and the list goes on... .I was none of those things but people believed her.

I learned my lesson, NEVER send something like this in writing, if you are sure you are done, unless it's a restraining order. Of course this is just my opinion.

I would expect a response in this case. If it were me I would block everything if you don't want more stress and drama.

They will make up stories to bring out the rescuer in the next one. I was told she was raped, which brought out incredible feelings of rage and caretaking, five years later and she accuses me of that very same act, to me, so I'm sure she will be using it on everyone she meets now to illicit the same rescuer feelings I had. This hurts particularly as I'm not very confident in bed and she used to complain that I wasn't forceful enough! Of course I didn't rape her and I don't believe anyone else did either anymore. It's shocking what they will say about you, luckily my ex is clearly very disturbed, so hopefully most people will be wiser to her than I was. You just don't think people would say such a thing! But they would.
Suzn
Retired Staff

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2015, 06:18:47 PM »

They will make up stories to bring out the rescuer in the next one. I was told she was raped, which brought out incredible feelings of rage and caretaking

Same thing happened to me. I was never accused of rape but plenty of other things. I ran right to her rescue too.

I also agree it's feels good to say your goodbyes Joshuaua. It would be nice if they thought like we do and said goodbye too. She may but that's more likely just how she will feel at that moment. As long as we continue to play the back and forth game it's more likely that they will not stop for a very long time. My ex still contacted an ex from time to time from 10 years prior. My naive self thought at the time that they were just still friends. 

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest