Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 03, 2024, 03:13:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Have they ever embarrassed you in public?  (Read 595 times)
hergestridge

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2014, 02:02:19 PM »

She constantly walked 30 paces ahead of me when in public, I finally started to call her out on that, usually by joking.

Same think with my wife. I also called her out. For years she denied it. Then one night (after a couple of glasses of wine) she admitted that she did it to "make people hurry up a litle". Now she's forgotten about that particular explanation and has no recollection of ever doing it.

A variation is the "walk away-rage". This happens when she doesn't know in what direction to walk. She has a hard time admitting that can't find her way to a particular location and out of sheer frustration she just goes east or something (not listening, not looking back). This is very humiliating because I have to shout to her to stop or run after her to make her turn around. Otherwise I'll have to wait for her to eventually come back, and then she'll be really mad at me for not "abandoning" her.

Other embarrasing things that my wife does in public:

- Gets too excited or too drunk at parties. The excitement part is pure theatre and she can do it without alcohol. It's totally out of character compared to the person she is at home. Then she gets impatient and annoyed at me for being a party-pooper when I'm just being my normal self (I don't get visually excited at parties!).

The too drunk part is self-explanatory.

- "Get into shopping" and ignore me for hours until i physically grab her and say "Hey! I'm leaving now!". Sometime she's promised not do it - just to have a "quick peek" - and gone into some kind of trance and tried to ignore our agreement. She pretends not to hear me! And this is EXACTLY what my three year old daughter does at the moment. When she doesn't want to go to daycare she'll just pretend not to hear me telling her it's time to go.

Having to raise my voice and physically get my wife's attention in a shoestore is of course extremely embarrasing.

Another think dealing with shopping is that she keeps suggesting things to buy when we have no money (and I mean NO money). She does this over and over (me saying - "No, we have NO money", until I finally have to tell her to stop talking about buying things because it makes my stomach ache. I'm ashamed that I have wife that I can't reason with, that I have to "tell off" or she won't understand.

I'm not easily embarrased, but being treated like a servant, hanger-on or daddy is not my cup of tea at all.

Johnny Alias

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2014, 09:23:02 PM »

Soo many to choose from... .

One of my favorites was when we were at my dad's house for Xmas with her father as well. She got very drunk (shocker) started talking LOUDLY and slurring her words. I told her she needed to chill and she got upset. She walked away really fast, tripped, hurt her knee, ran into bedroom crying and screaming for her dad.

My dad just rolled his eyes. I was mortified... . and kept dating her for 2 more years.

Merry Xmas! 
shellsh0cked

« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2014, 07:18:50 AM »

Soo many to choose from... .

One of my favorites was when we were at my dad's house for Xmas with her father as well. She got very drunk (shocker) started talking LOUDLY and slurring her words. I told her she needed to chill and she got upset. She walked away really fast, tripped, hurt her knee, ran into bedroom crying and screaming for her dad.

My dad just rolled his eyes. I was mortified... . and kept dating her for 2 more years.

Merry Xmas!  

Hmm... . I think we dated the same girl... .

Changingman

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Daughter 15, Son 14

« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2014, 09:05:18 AM »

Every time, from being crazy drunk in the pub to flirting to emotional infidelity to sexual infidelity. Smelled of urine sometimes because of the drinking. Saying dumb stuff on her way to drunk. Face gurning uncontrollably.

God it sounds healthy.

I'm dealing with why I stayed too long now, I feel much better now. But I'm still dealing with day to day feelings. Getting fainter as time passes.

Who is she? God knows!

shellsh0cked

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2014, 09:42:01 AM »

Every time, from being crazy drunk in the pub to flirting to emotional infidelity to sexual infidelity. Smelled of urine sometimes because of the drinking. Saying dumb stuff on her way to drunk. Face gurning uncontrollably.

God it sounds healthy.

I'm dealing with why I stayed too long now, I feel much better now. But I'm still dealing with day to day feelings. Getting fainter as time passes.

Who is she? God knows!

Sad thing is that she doesn't even know... .
Changingman

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Daughter 15, Son 14

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2014, 05:13:54 AM »

God it sounds healthy.

Who is she? God knows!

Sad thing is that she doesn't even know... .

Amen

Just a hole starting at her crutch and going all the way through her heart, soul and brain.

Just an empty hole desperately needing to be filled

Madness
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest