Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 17, 2024, 06:40:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things I couldn't have known
Supporting a Child in Therapy for Borderline Personality Disorder
Anosognosia and Getting a "Borderline" into Therapy
Am I the Cause of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I can't see my grand children  (Read 133 times)
Aleonis
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Not in contact just now

« on: April 23, 2024, 01:41:33 PM »

My daughter has BPD and other mental health issues. She has 2 children who I have been involved with since they were born. My husband and I divorced and my daughter blames me for this and for her men tal health problems. I believe she thinks that's what caused her problems. We have always had a love/hate relationship  as she is nice to me for a while then I get "dumped". She then doesn't let me see my grandchildren as she knows it's what hurts me most. This has happened on and off and she always comes back acting like nothing happened but not this time
 It's been months now. I don't know what to do
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
BPDstinks

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2024, 07:51:47 AM »

oh my goodness, that is the WORST...I am terribly sorry to hear this (my granddaughter's mother has BPD (my daughter does, too), what are the chances? (not in a good way); about every 3 months she blocks me on FB/phone & says I cannot see the kids (I typically have the older two every weekend) this has been going on for 6 years; the first TIMES I cried, begged, drove to her, wrote her letters....fast forward, last time she did it, i said, "ok"; it lasted 2 weeks (she is NOT my daughter, so...i have a very odd relationship with her); however, she does this to HER mother & it is very, very sad (her mother & I take turns sneaking the kids to see each other when this happens (well...we used to, they are older now & tell!) in any case, I cannot say what I would do if it were months!  may i suggest...can you get any kind of "grandparent" rights via court?
js friend

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2024, 04:48:09 PM »

Hi Aleonis

My udd has also stopped me from seeing my gkids. This is the 3rd time she has done this and has been the longest time because she has a new b/f and baby so she doesnt
 have a need for me anymore. There is nothing I can give her at this current moment so Iam out of the picture, ive been dumped as you say even though ive heard that my gkids still ask for me it seems she is determind to maintain no contact with me. It is early days for you and you are at the grieving stage. Its now been 3years since I last saw my gkids and it breaks my heart every day. In the beginning I was a total mess. I missed them so much that I couldnt think straight. I still  miss them but  I dont think that there is much more we can do other than look after ourselves both mentally and physically and just make a life for ourselves. The last time I saw my udd it actually went much better  than I expected because I didnt show any emotion although I was still hurting inside. Its such a shame that the kids are used as collateral damage by our pwbpd. I wonder if its because  they dont have a true identity and lack empathy in some cases, they cant relate to the stress they are putting onto our gkids by suddenly going no contact with us. It must be so confusing for them. I finally realised how far I had come when I walked away from my udd and left her standing at her door.  I dont think she quite believed it too,  that me, her supply ( some she would  belittle, argue with, gaslight, project onto and generally abuse) had truly finally gone Way to go! (click to insert in post) I felt so empowered knowing that she was still standing at her door in disbelief when I just walked away.
Take each day as it comes Alenois because each day is truly one more day towards your healing. With affection (click to insert in post)

For now i will continue to just hope and pray  for my gkids happiness, health and  safety.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest