Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 01:40:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I left her, suffering from flashbacks.  (Read 785 times)
Epicsquirrel

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: April 15, 2015, 06:21:06 PM »

I finally left her a few months ago, and at first I just felt relife. Sure I was really sad, but I was angry aswell. I am keeping this short as possible cause it's hard to even type about, I dont want to remember anything really, but at the same time I want to understand more. We lived together a year, I was unemployed and she was on some form of sick leave. We spent this year almost constantly shut in her appartment.

Now a few months after, I start getting flashbacks to things she has done. I read this article on the site: https://bpdfamily.com/content/how-borderline-relationship-evolves

This really opend my mind to how exact she fit in on almost every single point made.

She put me on a pedistal just to tear me apart bit by bit and then accusing me for not fulfilling her idiolized picture of me. I felt I had found the love of my life, as we were to halves made one. She was so filled with life, beutiful within and had incredible good looks. I used to say that I loved her brain haha.

At one point it got so bad that I would start my day by puking in an emotional reaction to deal with all the pressure she was laying on me. I took a dump at least six times a day, constant diareah. I lost weight. I walked on eggshells, I once had a panic attack where my body cramped to the point I couldent move or talk, and after the ambulance left she said she was pregnant. She new I dident want more kids, she claimed she had forgotten to take the pill the last couple of weeks. Luckely for me everyone around her including the doctors and nurses dident think this was the time to have a child. I know if I dont want kids I should use a condom and I cant just blame her.

I started to get consumed of a great dark hole, detached from the world, becomming more a robot. I have had problems with depression in my past, and I started eating antidepressing medicin to cope. In the beginning I was always the normal calm me, dealing with her outbirsts in a calm way. I was in many ways her therapist. I am a person with a lot of empathy, calm and have a healthy confidens. I normally dont take ___ in a relashionship. But at the end I would get angry faster and loose my temper more often in a way that was unfamiliar.

It's not like I just layed on my back and told her to rape my mind. I stood up for myself for a long time but somehow I finally lost myself. Sometimes I would leave the appartment in a fight cause there was no way to reason with her. This she manipulated to be really evil of me, when I was simply escaping her verbal attacks.

Things escalated even thou I had given her a ultimatum of talking with a psychologist and taking meds. Wich she did.

She cut herself in the neck and arms, she tried to play my parents against me.

I thought we should move apart, and shortly after I started school pretty far away. But saw her each month and talked with her on the phone. At this point my brain was starting to heal.

Then I finally had enough, we had a final fight and I got so angy I stomped the ground so I was on crutches for weeks. I felt relife mixed with sorrow. Then shame hit me, I am perplexed that I dident listend to my inner warnings more early on. During the terror I dident talk with anyone about my problems cause even then I felt shame, and I have plenty of friends who would have supported me.

She quickly got into a new relashionship where she is putting him on a pedistal (read her blog). I feel sorry for the guy.

Questions:

How much is automatic and how much is planned when they manipulate?

I assume the best thing is to go on and not have any dialogue with her, but I feel a deep inner need to confront her now when my brain works again. Should I do this in hope for some closure?

I belive they hide behind their shame and self pitty, taking on the coat of victim to justify their actions, what do you think?

How can they not see a pattern in their own actions, or do they just iggnore or justify it in some way?

I want to warn her new boyfriend, give him some info so he can have better coping or see the truth faster so he dosent end up like I did. Tell him that she is on a daiting site at the same time she is "so in love" with him, searching constant confirmation beyond him. Should I?

Every time she said she was sorry, was this true or just a way for her to make me move on and not dwell on the issue at hand?

How is it possible for her to manipulate so incredibly well? I am a very critical thinking person who according to others is quite bright. I am just so filled with shame.

She finally claimed she felt so bad that she couldent even handle me being away one day, she isolated me from my friends. And I let all this happen, I let alot happen. Am I stupid, naive, weak?

I am in doubt now if she loved me, due to the quickness of her to dive into a new relashionship. And due to the way I now clearly see she treated me.

I feel I need to write in detail some time in the future when I have the energy to go thrue the whole mess, for now this will have to do.

p.s Sorry about the misspelled words, my english is rusty Smiling (click to insert in post)

DyingLove

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2015, 06:44:05 PM »

First off... . so sorry for all your pain.  Nearly everything you wrote sounded so familiar and comparable to my situation... . and probably so many situations here.  I find it so hard to do the right thing myself... . but I find it a heck of a lot easier to recommend the right thing to someone.  When someone gets hurt... . first thing you gotta do is stop the bleeding.  So it's probably a good idea NOT to talk to her. You gotta get well now... . That's what I'm working on... . it doesn't come over night so get started on following the right "plan" for you.

Just remember:

Step away- you feel good!

Get close- you feel bad!

Do the math, right?  Makes sense.
downwhim

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2015, 06:56:39 PM »

Thanks for the heartfelt post. It is sad what we allow to happen to us all in the name of love (?). I think they know some of what they do and some in out of their control and revolves around the illness.

My ex told me he wanted to date while we were engaged. He told me he was no longer into me about three months after he got on his knee and asked me to marry him. Something happens when they commit. I had PTSD so bad and got on anti anxiety pills. My body ached and my heart would race when I approached his house.

He started to say, "kiss me on the cheek not on the lips." He would invite me over and ignore me. He would then get angry over nothing and I would ask myself why I was there but I stayed. As it continued, I would leave when the rages started. He got really mad when I would leave. My boundaries were laid and he had lost control. All painful to look back on. 6 months out almost to the day. I know I am healing. Moving soon to get farther away from him. 
DyingLove

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2015, 07:03:59 PM »

Thanks for the heartfelt post. It is sad what we allow to happen to us all in the name of love (?). I think they know some of what they do and some in out of their control and revolves around the illness.

My ex told me he wanted to date while we were engaged. He told me he was no longer into me about three months after he got on his knee and asked me to marry him. Something happens when they commit. I had PTSD so bad and got on anti anxiety pills. My body ached and my heart would race when I approached his house.

He started to say, "kiss me on the cheek not on the lips." He would invite me over and ignore me. He would then get angry over nothing and I would ask myself why I was there but I stayed. As it continued, I would leave when the rages started. He got really mad when I would leave. My boundaries were laid and he had lost control. All painful to look back on. 6 months out almost to the day. I know I am healing. Moving soon to get farther away from him. 

She would call me Baby, Honey, Sweetie... . etc.  After she painted me black... . it was "hey"... . or by my first name... . so damn cold.
tholian

Relationship status: Single

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2015, 10:15:13 PM »

She would call me Baby, Honey, Sweetie... . etc.  After she painted me black... . it was "hey"... . or by my first name... . so damn cold.

same here... . she always addressed me with endearing terms but nearing at the end, i'm just a guy she talks to and all kind on endearment is out of the window.

Dear Dunedan,

My advice, keep the N/C in firm check. You are getting better and your head is clearing now. Give it time and you will be back to normal. Based on my personal experience, you can never get any kind of closure. Walking away knowing you have saved yourself is more gratifying. Baby steps ok, the journey of healing just started.
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2015, 11:15:49 PM »

hey epicsquirrel,

i recommend taking that article with a grain of salt. its very useful as an outline for most relationships with a pwBPD, but it can leave you feeling, i think unnecessarily, like a total sucker. your partner likely wanted the relationship as much as you did, but due to this illness, her feelings (love or hate) were not sustainable.

"How much is automatic and how much is planned when they manipulate?"

this is a topic of contention. i think its a bit of both. i think it actually dehumanizes a pwBPD to say that they have NO ability to plan or consciously manipulate. regardless, i dont think that ability is fully realized. its not always fully realized for "nons" either. you also have to understand that the disorder drives so many actions, and so many feelings and thoughts... . and those feelings and thoughts drive so many actions, etc.

"I assume the best thing is to go on and not have any dialogue with her, but I feel a deep inner need to confront her now when my brain works again. Should I do this in hope for some closure?"

probably not. work on getting that brain working again. hopefully as that continues, you choose not to confront her. obtaining closure in these relationships is pretty difficult, many would argue "impossible". as a result of the end of these relationships, many here are driven to obtain closure, and you can read plenty of stories on this board. ultimately, only you can give yourself closure.

"I belive they hide behind their shame and self pitty, taking on the coat of victim to justify their actions, what do you think?

How can they not see a pattern in their own actions, or do they just iggnore or justify it in some way?"

keep reading and educating yourself. i dont think its that simple, but in time you will be able to decide for yourself.

"I want to warn her new boyfriend, give him some info so he can have better coping or see the truth faster so he dosent end up like I did. Tell him that she is on a daiting site at the same time she is "so in love" with him, searching constant confirmation beyond him. Should I?"

my advice? ABSOLUTELY NOT. i could write an essay on why this will not turn out like you think, nor will it help you.

"Every time she said she was sorry, was this true or just a way for her to make me move on and not dwell on the issue at hand?"

probably both. the lesson though, is "actions > words".

"How is it possible for her to manipulate so incredibly well? I am a very critical thinking person who according to others is quite bright. I am just so filled with shame.

She finally claimed she felt so bad that she couldent even handle me being away one day, she isolated me from my friends. And I let all this happen, I let alot happen. Am I stupid, naive, weak?"

i can assure you, we have all been there. we all came into these relationships with the best of intentions, lost ourselves in the process, and let an awful lot happen. youll get yourself back.

"I am in doubt now if she loved me, due to the quickness of her to dive into a new relashionship. And due to the way I now clearly see she treated me.

I feel I need to write in detail some time in the future when I have the energy to go thrue the whole mess, for now this will have to do."

i experienced the same thing; i wasnt sure we were broken up until the new guy was thrown in my face. this part is not going to sink in for a while, but it has nothing to do with you. shes likely done the same thing before and she will likely do it again.

hang in there. youre in the right place  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest