Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 11, 2024, 11:31:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: does my ex bpd considers our child to return  (Read 399 times)
hardrockcy

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: September 11, 2019, 04:27:52 AM »

It 's been on and off for 10 years.  Me 48 her 39 1 son of 9 years old, two proposals for getting married accepted by her, but a life in rollercoaster and sometimes police involved Smiling (click to insert in post)  (as many Nons here) that was causing me to leave (thinking that my absence would make her think better, as I didnt know about BPD then).

Last time a year and a half i left ( i now know I caused her the abandonment issue), cause couldnt stand her outbursts and wrong accusations in front of my son who was suffering inside and caused him alopecia.  i left for my son's health and  living on the same building top floor. Even went for some dates with other women, but wasnt feeling like being free to move on.

So, recently (last May) and after some time together we had due to our son's and his football  tournaments, i asked her if we could be together again and get married straight away, for her to feel secure, not like the previous times that delaying the wedding was causing her all these outbursts being insecure. 
She denied and said that she got sick of depression the last time we separated and doesnt want to get thru this again.  I understood but wasnt convinced.  I thought she needed time.  She indeed showed some interest, was telling me 'she wish things were different but was very hurt' etc.
Ofcourse she never admitted her mistakes that were causing the stress in our household and onto our son. 
All her closed girlfriends have been discarded by her as well.

I continued trying to pursue her, without any further results and then decided to see why and found out she is in a r/s with a divorced man over 50 y.o with 2 teenagers, which was hiding to me.  Last month I saw that he even goes to her home with my son being there and i got stressed much more and confronted her with names for this.
After all these and the three months trying desperately to pursue her with long texts, sometimes being very loving and sometimes with nerves due to her denial- she admitted she is in a r/s that she feels she is being respected, i told her that i am moving on, decided to go NC and contact only for our son.

I am a wealthy man and can offer her and my son the security they should have.  I also love her and told her many times. I even financially supported her for some bills lately!

My questions are:
1.   Does she, or will she ever consider a priority the creation of her family  for our son that loves too much(that was her dream with me all these years) and finally leave her r/s that counts 6-8 months as i guess?
2.  Or with BPD's the only think that count is present feelings and considering that she is into this r/s 6-8 months, she is still in the honeymoon stage? Don't they think rationally at all? 
3. I'm shocked, as to why she prefers an old divorced man, than the father of her son and her true love of the last 10 years.
4. I guess I shouldnt wait for her break up and move on straight away?
5. Wouldn't be easier to get her back if she wasnt a BPD?
6. i know she loved me very much and was showing this till the beginning of this year!  Is it possible for her feelings to dissappear all of a sudden and shifted to her replacement?

Your answers will much appreciated.

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Birddog

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married 21

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 11:52:33 AM »

I think her personal decisions are out of your control. I do what I can to support My SO, but all involved know there are reliability and consistency issues that just can’t be brushed over or easily fixed, and at some level this generates resentments.

To fill in void, I double up on emotional support for kids when spouse checks out, make sure I am present. If spouse comes back in, I don’t trip her up, and am supportive. Kids really need consistency. If my SO shows consistency in an area, let her run with it and try to build on it.

One thing I’ve been trying to keep in check is age appropriate over parentafication of the child.

hardrockcy

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2019, 04:14:01 AM »

Well said, birddog, at least you are with her and the family.
After a big fight, we had a month ago, that she was trying to show off to me her replacement, I went completely NC, I told her I m also moving on and I guess now I am completely painted black.
But, we meet at the football matches and I regurarly catch her head, turning to me. I feel that she feels shame and regret, but I don't think there's anything to do to handle it, I continue NC.
NC, is very good, cause as I ve read from other's me being there and trying to pursue her, with sometimes intense conversations, I was Triangulating the situation and her new replacement was the rescuer, while me being the persecutor and her the victim.  Now, I am gone, completely gone and I let her alone with him, so as to face the BPD traits. 
Any contact we have regards the child, I appeal friendly and positive.
Time will show, but I actually started online dating and found a woman, that she is really a Lady! Divorced and long time alone, smart, elegant, noble.  She is the oposite of ex! Let's hope when I will meet her, things will proceed further...

Birddog

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married 21

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 07:24:06 AM »

It really takes two to make a relationship to work.

Keep posting.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest