Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 14, 2024, 11:00:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wife back in the hospital  (Read 362 times)
Hydroman

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: married

« on: February 24, 2014, 06:21:05 AM »

My wife (BPD and bipolar) ended up in the hospital Thursday last week.   I had taken a new job (promotion), her dr had put her on a new med and it seemed to be doing well, she seemed to be doing well and picking up, taking care of the kids, house, we were fixing things-it seemed things were getting back to "normal".   Last week, she went out to a nearby park and I get a call from the park police that they had to talk her out of jumping from a cliff and were taking her to a hospital.   Apparently, she had been keeping all her cutting, depression, suicidal ideation from me.   She did a good job of hiding things-fooled me.  I trusted her and let my guard down.  Now, there is no trust.   Makes me wonder what else she has kept from me or did without telling me.   

ITs been over 3 years since my wife was diagnosed with BPD and bipolar.   Things seem to be worse-this is the closest she has come to suicide (lots of partial attempts before).   Its getting old.   I had to go and tell my new boss, I needed time off to look after kids and go see my wife and her diagnosis and what she did.  Not a good thing to have to tell your new boss.   I really took a blow on this one as I felt things were really getting better and life was improving and that we would make it.  I had found a good psychiatrist, good therapist, my wife was in a DBT class, now I am dissolussioned.   In my new job, its further away so longer commute and less flexability (no telework).   I have to trust her and put responsibility for her safety, care, taking meds on her.   She needs to tell me if something isn't right or she is in a bad way and obviously, that isn't happening.   

Hydroman
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

guitarguy09

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 09:11:01 AM »

So sorry to hear about your wife's suicide attempt. That must have been extremely stressful to hear about that and have her be in the hospital besides. It has to be very frustrating knowing that you guys were taking the right steps to move towards health in these areas as well as your own mental health (therapists and DBT class for her). Is everyone safe right now? Have you found someone that can take care of the kids until she gets out of the hospital?
an0ught
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic Partner
Relationship status: married

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 02:21:20 PM »

Hi Hydroman,

suicide attempts are on of the hardest things we face. You are feeling abandoned and betrayed and understandably so. While some suicides can be seen coming many are well hidden or particularly with BPD are not so fully planned and have a strong impulsive component to it.

Excerpt
I had found a good psychiatrist, good therapist, my wife was in a DBT class, now I am dissolussioned.   In my new job, its further away so longer commute and less flexability (no telework).   I have to trust her and put responsibility for her safety, care, taking meds on her.   She needs to tell me if something isn't right or she is in a bad way and obviously, that isn't happening.   

You are working hard on your side and you are working hard to support her. Turning a relationship around that has been moving into the wrong direction for a long time takes considerable time. Don't blame yourself!

Writing is self validation. Writing on bpdfamily is self validation squared!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest