Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 19, 2024, 11:16:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank You  (Read 392 times)
AwakenedOne

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: May 10, 2014, 12:50:14 AM »

Everyone,

I would like to say thanks to all the nice people here on the [L3] Leaving Board for the help that you have given me.

I think I am doing good overall and will do other things now instead to take my mind off of her as much as possible. I'm more than likely finished here unless something develops unexpectedy in the future.

I am so glad I ever found this site. Without it, I would of been clueless to what it was that I really experienced with this person I was married to for 4 years. It was so interesting hearing similar experiences that others had. I hope maybe something I said helped another person here also.

She gave me no closure. The only closure I get is understanding things for myself now and facing the facts.

I have been really thinking where I am now in recovery. After loving this person with all my heart and being stepped on and walked away from by her I feel if I saw her on the street now with another guy today I wouldn't even care ... . whatever... . he can have her. Honestly there would be a 1% pain because I am not a robot. But I'll take the 1% pain and keep on stepping down the road and into the sunset of happiness.

I hope your situations work out in a way that is best for you.

Thanks & Good Luck

Peace,

AO

Exeter

Relationship status: Single 3 Mos.

« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 01:12:38 AM »

Congratulations.

I would take closure in this, you are not powerless, she is the one who is now powerless over you.

You have conquered your ex's negativity, and now its time to enjoy life!

I'm so happy for you.
Narellan

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 02:11:05 AM »

Well done AO. You have certainly contributed to my well being and I thank you so much for that. You are awesome. I wish you all the best. Xx
Cimbaruns

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 05:39:34 AM »

Good Luck to you AwakenedOne

Best of luck to you moving forward... .

Thank you also... . for sharing with all of us. Xo heart-smili
trappedinlove

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 05:45:28 AM »

It is great to hear it worked out for you!

I completely understand the reason to move on and off of the Leaving Board as lingering here might have obsessive traits as well.

Best of luck man.

Take care
Lion Fire

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 05:54:03 AM »

AO,

Thank you for your support bro. You have helped me and I wish you well in every way.

Much peace and blessin's always.

goldylamont

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 07:14:00 AM »

Best of luck to you AO! You have a great attitude and approach to life. I was with my ex for 4 years also, and like you--hey any man can have at it all he wants, I'm doone! 

Take care of yourself bro.

You have conquered your ex's negativity

And Exeter, I love this quote--so simple and I think something all of us should aspire to do. I like the word "conquer" since it is empowering for us.

cosmonaut

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 08:28:25 AM »

Best wishes, AO, and a very fond farewell.  You have made massive leaps of progress, and while I am sad to see you leave, I am also joyful that you are making your peace and moving on with your life.  It is a significant step to have detached to the point where your emotions are no longer captive to your ex.  I am still working to get there myself, and I appreciate how much work you have done to achieve that freedom.  There is a shining future awaiting you.   Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

Thank you for all of your support and advice as well.  Our stories were rather astonishingly similar, and it was a great comfort to have the support of others that can so completely understand.  You will be missed.

God bless,

Cosmo
refusetosuccumb

Relationship status: Seperated, on way to divorce

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 09:01:50 AM »

Conngratulations! 

I aspire to be you.
Cardinals in Flight
formerly NurseRatchet

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2014, 09:16:35 AM »

Conngratulations! 

I aspire to be you.

Me too!

Best of everything to you!

CiF
Banshee

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2014, 06:04:57 PM »

Ohhh How I hate to see you go! You give such wonderful advice ... . On one hand I want to say congratulations  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post) but on the other it's just sad  :'(

We will be here if you need us good luck 
AwakenedOne

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2014, 03:04:12 AM »

Hi All,

Thanks for the very nice comments.

After not using this site for a couple of days I have been doing some thinking and have come to a conclusion.

Disadvantage - My primary reason for leaving this site at the moment is due to the possibility that reading and thinking about BPD and my ex is not something I should continue to do daily when I am doing ok overall in my opinion. You know it's like in my head... . "I'm ok, time to move on and think about puppies and waterfalls and good things instead."

Advantages of using this site - I have an outlet and support group here with people who understand and care. In real life no one knows the hell I have been through or anything about BPD so I can't discuss it with them. I never told my family I have lived in a horror movie for years.

I will have divorce proceedings coming up in 3 months. I think I am going to need someone to talk to, vent and ask questions.

I can maybe help somebody else here also. Sometimes helping someone could be just saying "I hear ya, I know how that feels" and letting them know they aren't alone.

I think also the 1% thing is a little off. I'm not in the smiley face zone all the time. I'd like to drop it to the 1% and will do so, I am determined.

I have some questions and opinions I think I still would like to ask and share.

Conclusion - During the last two days I have thought about my ex unintentionally a lot during the day and night. Too much really. This is hard to grasp. When I used this site as an outlet to vent, ask questions and help people it gave me the opportunity to sort of do a daily cleansing or venting then I didn't think about my ex much typically the rest of the day. It's like working out and then moving on and doing other stuff and not thinking about the workout the rest of the day.

Without doing that daily vent/cleanse/learning here, I actually think at the present time it is going to be harder to get things to the 1% mark.

I think you all are unfortunately going to be stuck with me a bit longer it looks like.

I'm back, wuts up my homies?   

AO

Narellan

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2014, 03:23:38 AM »

Yay AO... .   Smiling (click to insert in post) 

I'm so glad you're sticking around for a bit longer. 
willy45
Formerly "johnnyorganic", "rjh45", "SurferDude"

« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2014, 10:17:51 AM »

Ha ha. Super glad to have you around. I do the same thing too... . Last time I was on the site, it took about 6-8 months before I just stopped... . And then I would come back for support whenever my ex would contact in order to keep NC. Then I slipped and responded and all h#ll broke loose in my mind. The site can be a bit of a crutch sometimes but you don't stop using a crutch if your leg is broken! Anyhow, I for one am psyched to have you back!
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest