Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 16, 2024, 11:16:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: High Conflict Institute: Pattern Viewer - any experience?  (Read 487 times)
EyesUp
Senior Ambassador

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: divorced

« on: July 10, 2021, 08:14:09 AM »

The forum is obviously familiar with Bill Eddy., however search doesn't turn up results for the HCI's Pattern Viewer:  https://www.highconflictinstitute.com/hci-pattern-viewer

Curious if anyone has any experience with this?

Thanks in advance.
EZEarache

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 03:59:55 PM »

Thanks for sharing!

I haven't used this, but after studying/tracking behavior patterns over the past four months, I can see that this would be an extremely useful tool.

Hopefully, I never have to pay for the service, but I did book mark it in case I ever do.
kells76
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 04:19:07 PM »

I ran across it a few months ago and it seemed like a new addition to their site. I don't have personal experience with it.

You may have seen this link already (found it by clicking "learn more" on this page https://www.highconflictinstitute.com/hci-pattern-viewer ):

www.hcipatternviewer.com/home

At the bottom of that page they say "email us for a free 30-minute consultation" and list an email address -- could be very worth it. Would be interested to hear if you do the consultation.
EyesUp
Senior Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2021, 07:57:20 AM »

Hi Kells,

I completed the free consultation.

HCI connected me with a "product manager" who is actually an independent consultant.  The consultant's website states "We are not attorneys nor Licensed Mental Health Professionals. We provide self help services at your specific direction." Services include high conflict divorce coaching, supervised visitation, parenting plan coordination, etc.

The free consultation was advertised as :30 minutes, but the consultant was generous and provided over an hour.  She was very empathetic, forthright about her credentials, provided a lot of information about Pattern Viewer, and shared redacted sample reports. 

One of the things that I find challenging is the cost.  On one hand, I agree that it would be far more expensive to have an atty or paralegal attempt to compile this information - at which point you still would not have the objective third party assessment.  On the other hand, this appears to be a combination of automated software and human review, supplemented by review time with Bill Eddy. 

I suspect that the software has the potential to make this process more efficient, but the human element remains difficult to fully contain, particularly for high conflict cases like ours - so the actual value in terms of work performed is probably there.

In my case, one of the qualification criteria was (paraphrasing): "you've run out of funds" or "you're financially exhausted" from dealing with a PD'd partner.  So I don't have an easy way to afford the product/service. I gather they are willing to provide payment options, but the cost is still there.

At this point, my atty's advice is to hold off until we know that we are going to trial.  A temporary hearing is scheduled for November, and we are still in the discovery phase.  If there is no chance of settlement, it might make sense to do this as a hearing or trial date approaches.

If I end up using the service, I'll be sure to report back.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest