Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 22, 2024, 04:52:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Break up with a BPD  (Read 339 times)
Amsterdam
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: February 02, 2017, 01:33:37 PM »

After being together for 2,5 years, my BPD ex left me totally unexpected and without reason for someone else. This left me with a lot of chaos and lots of questions. We had our ups and downs, from super passionated to completely angry moments. At the same time we had many talks about our future together, thinking she was the one (from time to time i still think this). I thought I could find a way to at least from my site have a grip on the anger attacks and make things happy and more peace full. Right now im trying to understand what happened. If things can be solved. And at the same time why i sticked around for so long? I don't have any particular question, but would like to hear and read other people's stories, to start understanding the situation and be able to give it a place.
Thanks!

PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Meili

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 03:43:36 PM »

Welcome

Let me welcome you here to the  bpdfamily, and wish for you as much help and support as I have received.  It's clear you have a lot in common with many of us here, and this is a community where we help each other, so I'm sure if you keep posting and reading you will find it helpful.

You may find it interesting that the answer to the questions "what happened," "can things be repaired," and "why did I stay so long" all have some components that are probably intertwined. A lot of us are awe-struck when we start to realize the dynamics of all of this. Learning about BPD will help you understand better. There are good resources here and assistance finding the resources.

The article about Understanding your role in the relationship might prove useful to you. It is a good first step for many people as they try to understand. It's also a very important step in working on the "can things be repaired" question because it helps understand what we can and cannot change.

Also, reading the posts of the other members can be a huge benefit to putting all of the pieces together.

Please feel free to post - tell us more about what is going on your life and what, if any, plans you might have for the future. I look forward to hearing more from you.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest