Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 04, 2024, 12:49:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Support groups in Seattle, WA Area  (Read 383 times)
bluebird1977
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: February 09, 2018, 04:58:26 PM »

I have been having problems with my marriage, and my therapist suggested my wife may have BPD, so I read the book Stop Walking on Eggshells.  I could relate and felt better reading that I wasn't the only one that has experienced this.  I was wondering if there were any support groups for spouses of BPDs.  Thanks.

Mod note: Moved from Parents, Sibling Board
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Mutt
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 08:28:55 AM »

Hi bluebird1977,

Welcome

Id like to welcome you to bpdfamily. I’m glad that you found us! Well this happens to be a support group for non’s with a loved one with BPD. The advantage to this group as opposed to a real life one is anonymity it’s hard for people to talk about mental illness I can just imagine what it’s like talking about BOD in person to strangers. Another advantage is that we’re here 24/7/365 there’s always someone to talk to. If it were I’d suggest checking meetup.com?

Can you give us more detail? What’s currently going on? What are the main issues?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Radcliff
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

Fond memories, fella.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 11:35:51 PM »

Welcome, Bluebird1977!  I won't discourage you from looking for in-person BPD support groups, though they may be hard to find.  This site and the message boards have been a fantastic resource for me.  No exaggeration, this board has been life changing.  I'd encourage you to read the resources along the top bar, and on the right side bar.  There is a ton of curated material here.  I've read Eggshells and several other books, but it took me several years to finally figure out what a great resource this site was on top of what I could get from books.  It works best if you become a regular visitor to the message board.  Let's start a conversation on this thread.  You should also feel free to read and reply to the posts of others -- a lot can be learned from those discussions.

That said, your location may be fortuitous.  Check out the Family Connections Program:
https://www.borderlinepersonalitydisorder.com/family-connections/
One of the founders of it is Alan Fruzzetti, who I believe is at University of Washington.  You might find it useful to read one of his books, "The High Conflict Couple."  I believe the Family Connections program offers a limited time (12 week long?) seminar course, and I'd hope that availability in your area might be good.

WW
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest