Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 10, 2024, 09:48:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe they are a distraction from our own lives...  (Read 318 times)
Emotions

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: May 30, 2017, 07:09:46 AM »

Just a thought of why we attach to them so much. I am trying to figure out why they are so important after they begin to treat us with disrespect. I believe my exBPD needed my attention 99% of my day. Even when my cat would hop on the bed in the mornings she would say the cats name in kind of a jealous way. So now that I don't have my ex to think about constantly, I am forced to think about my own life. I think figuring out my own life and it's "purpose" is more terrifying than being her assistant/butler/friend. Thus she was a major distraction from all the things that I need to take care of. Thoughts?

Train your mind to be calm in every situation
Like an island that no flood can overwhelm
In these times we must act like the eye of the hurricane
"It takes a nation of millions to hold us back" (public enemy)
roberto516

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 07:14:15 AM »

Only for myself. But before the relationship I was certain I didn't want to be in a relationship again. I was definitely avoidant... .even of doing anything with her. But she kind of broke those walls down with seduction/attention. Before her I had goals, desires, was going to therapy, looking at myself, and all the things I wanted to improve upon emotionally, etc.

I think where I went wrong was falling for the "victim" role who needed a caretaker. I obviously hadn't done enough work on myself to see those warning signs but she was much better than my ex. Or so I thought. She had a job,condo, hobbies, wasn't an addict (well... .maybe).

Anyway, I think it was just the idealization got me addicted. Literally rewired my brain. After that it was all she wrote. I was chasing the high in a desperate attempt that the love would come back. So in a way, yeah, by staying with her I didn't have to go through the painful process of withdrawal. No matter how bad it got.

“Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on earth.”
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest