Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 22, 2024, 09:17:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Length of the relationship  (Read 371 times)
Bak86

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: October 10, 2014, 11:12:35 AM »

My ex had two relationships before me, one relationship lasted 1 year and the other 4 years. My relationship only lasted 4/5 months with her. Does the length of the relationship have anything to do with how strong of a personality the other party is? Because my relationship ended this fast compared to the others, does this mean I'm a stronger person that figured her BPD traits out before the others did? I did fight back quite a lot during the relationship and didn't usually accept her childish behavior.
Zpinal

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 11:59:57 AM »

I am wondering the same thing, in the beginning I have set limits, made clear that i do not mix love with money(business), told her that there will be no moving in with me before a year. She told me she was Bipolar and Borderline added to hyper anxiety and ADD. At first I read a lot about bipolar, she was stable and well medicated, I've read a brochure about BPD and it was pretty much copy paste from bipolar so I originally thought it was part of the bipolar sanctum, how wrong was I, no freaking pills will help with BPD.

Some of her r/s were weeks, others were a year or more, mine lasted 4 months. We are both in our late 30s, did she sense that my life wasn't stopping for her? did she sense than sooner or later I would find out about her lies? Like when she said she was overqualified for CBT (Cognitive Behavioral Therapy), that her pdoc sent her to a psychologist to be evaluated... .which was another lie because the Pdoc had already evaluated her and determined the course of action. She simply refused treatment. All them questions on how come we didnt last long. Was I just too smart or am I just a bigger loser than my replacement?
merlin4926

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 12:05:57 PM »

We had a good friendship for over five years but I was a strong person and didn't need anything from him emotionally. When we started a relationship that changed and was the beginning of the end.  We were together for about a year romantically.  He also got very possessive and hated me being away from him even to go to work etc.

I think ultimately he knew he couldn't control me and I had started to see through him and tackle him more and more.  He is now with someone very submissive I think she will be easier to manipulate so he will get bored quicker but she is also more likely to put up with a lot more abuse than I was so she may last longer? Not sure if this has answered the question Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
Infern0

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 02:23:20 PM »

6 month RS after about 4 months of friends.

Mine was a low functioning waif so 6 months is actually about the full routine for her.
NorthLight

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 03:38:05 PM »

Well they are pretty unstable, and are often very impulsive. So i think some times its random, like if they found someone else - then splits you black -> they dump you and go to next, while if they have a period they split you black but don't have a new victim, they keep the RS.

My RS lasted almost two years, but i am pretty sure that after a fight 2 months into the rs, she was very close to dumping me, and would had if she had a new victim ready.

(she splitted me black because i couldn't walk her to the bus stop before i had taken a shower, because i just came home from workout, so she said I'm not taking good enough care of her and she wants to move out, then ST me a long time, but came back like nothing had happened -   ) Had she found another guy, she would left me, i think, after reading so much about BPD, and actually being dumped on such a happy period in the rs.

they are unstable guys.
Deeno02

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 04:22:47 PM »

Don't think mine will ever attempt it. I was the rebound dude from her separation/divorce and a host of other things I got her through in our year and a half. I think she made it clear she had no love for me anymore.
Bak86

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 05:51:15 PM »

We had a good friendship for over five years but I was a strong person and didn't need anything from him emotionally. When we started a relationship that changed and was the beginning of the end.  We were together for about a year romantically.  He also got very possessive and hated me being away from him even to go to work etc.

I think ultimately he knew he couldn't control me and I had started to see through him and tackle him more and more.  He is now with someone very submissive I think she will be easier to manipulate so he will get bored quicker but she is also more likely to put up with a lot more abuse than I was so she may last longer? Not sure if this has answered the question Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

I;m actually not sure if they like the submissive boyfriend types. Not enough drama for them  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest