Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 09, 2024, 02:36:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Am I over analyzing.. I know he thought ABt what to say  (Read 346 times)
Laurielynn
« on: October 07, 2016, 04:29:29 PM »

Hope this is the right board, regarding an ex BPD?
I broke things off a year ago with ex BPD BF that was high functioning out in the world, but he either hurt the other, or the other left him in the past. He had all classic behaviors magnified interpersonally.

It hurt like hell to leave him, but I was exhausted at the end... and the verbal stuff never stopped as he promised. Also, he stayed on dating sites, despite us supposedly being together...
Almost a year has gone by, and not one day has passed I haven't thought ABt him. I fell in love. but I lost it ... after seeing him back on dating sites, ended it over the phone, blocked him, and called him a few choice words I felt bad ABt a long time.

We had a long distance thing... so this weekend I planned a quick trip to go see a friend... She lives in the same state as him. I know we can never be together... because of his BPD symptoms, but wanted to see him... and make peace.
On the way to the hotel I'm staying at, I passed his street. thinking it was mid day... and more unlikely a GF would be there... that time of day... just to see him and lay things to rest. He wasn't home. ... I figured he was away fishing... or with his a new GF. I sent a brief text saying, I stopped by the house to see him and make peace. I added, I was up visiting a friend in town...
and if around... b4 dinner... if he wanted to grab a glass of wine.

No answer... .(Could tell he read it on iPhone).
A few mins later I said I was trying to nice ... but understood... from no reply... .
( I was prepared for anything)... I just don't like leaving things on a negative note.
A few secs later... He texted back, " I'm sorry, I would have liked to have seen you, but in Buffalo ( another town) with GF. I won't be home until Monday.

I'm just wondering... after I said I was visiting a friend... did he say he was with his GF to get even with me... else he could have just stated he was out of town... Right? Or was he saying that on purpose ... thinking I'm here with another guy, and why he couldn't? What do y'all think? Yes... .I do still care! Please don't beat me up for that...  
I appreciate any insight... .
Confused108

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 04:39:25 PM »

Why would you think he has a GF? Do you have any proof? Or are you just guessing since these types of ppl don't stay single for long. He could have just said that to get back at you. Mine told me she went back to her ex husband after she discarded me bc she thought I went back to my wife. Ended up being a lie but she wanted to hurt me any way she could. So maybe your ex is doing the same.

Mutt
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced Oct 2015

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 04:51:27 PM »

Hi Laurielynn,

Welcome

I don't think that you're over analyzing, I think that it leans toward speculation.

Excerpt
and if around... b4 dinner... if he wanted to grab a glass of wine.

What are your plans? Are you looking for closure, romantic r/s, friendship?

"Let go or be dragged" -Zen proverb
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest