Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 30, 2024, 04:00:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Still can't understand it - why she is she so mean to me?  (Read 424 times)
Omega1

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: September 01, 2019, 04:31:57 PM »

Can you explain it - is it projection, is it her own anxiety...resentment...?

She's just awful - doesn't want me to have things - wants me to give my food to her kids, rips into the things I say like they are so stupid, gets impatient so quickly, becomes so argumentative and I just feel attacked...

Then for absolutely hours, she socializes with our neighbour and I sit upstairs and listen to her being so warm and engaging and lovely.  I remember that lovely woman from when we first met.  Will I ever be on the receiving end of that again?

I'm getting so much better at not 'reacting' - but still feeling so sad that she just seems happier with other people.  I know half of it is just feeding her need for attention from others, but she's so 'on' and happy and laughing.  I know I shouldn't compare to how she behaves with me, but it's so hard.

Maybe if I could better understand WHY she treats me this way?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2019, 04:46:21 PM by Omega1 » Logged

RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

expatblue

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2019, 05:51:30 PM »

The eternal "why"  I ask the same question daily.  I am sure you have studied her disorder as have I until it seems we are reading the same things over and over, looking for new insights new strategies but still "WHY" ?  my pwBPD raged on me last night for hours, then went into her "private" room and had a long phone conversation in Japanese with some friend, laughing loudly and really enjoying the talk then emerged in an angry rage to abuse me again.

I am sorry I have no answers for you just wanted you yo know you are not alone in asking why.
Omega1

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2019, 07:08:14 PM »

Thank you  Virtual hug (click to insert in post)

I absolutely know it isn't me - but that's my intellectual side and it just feels like she hates me...

expatblue

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2019, 01:28:35 AM »

... she hates herself, so you by extension...probably
GoodMan

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 09:43:45 AM »

Has she been diagnosed as a pwBPD?

Stillhopeful4

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2019, 10:45:26 AM »

Can you explain it - is it projection, is it her own anxiety...resentment...?

She's just awful - doesn't want me to have things - wants me to give my food to her kids, rips into the things I say like they are so stupid, gets impatient so quickly, becomes so argumentative and I just feel attacked...

Then for absolutely hours, she socializes with our neighbour and I sit upstairs and listen to her being so warm and engaging and lovely.  I remember that lovely woman from when we first met.  Will I ever be on the receiving end of that again?

I'm getting so much better at not 'reacting' - but still feeling so sad that she just seems happier with other people.  I know half of it is just feeding her need for attention from others, but she's so 'on' and happy and laughing.  I know I shouldn't compare to how she behaves with me, but it's so hard.

Maybe if I could better understand WHY she treats me this way?

OMG this is my life!  Watching her socialize with friends and being so happy and nice.  It's so bleeping hard to watch.  When I would say something she would reply with gee you think I'm sleeping with everyone.  NO that's not it.  I want that attention from you when we interact.  I want that sweetness again.  I get so envious of these "friends" (and she has many) getting all the good pieces of her and I get nothing.  Then she plays off...I can't talk to anyone because you will accuse me of cheating.  Then she tells her friends I'm accusing her of cheating and I look like the jerk.  That's not what I said...I just want some intimacy with you, intimacy you have no problem giving to "friends" so am I a little jealous, yes, am I resentful that I don't get that, yes.

Here is my take on it.  I think she's sucking these people in...so she can have them in her back pocket if need be.  This isn't the real her.  The real her is what I see.  That's my take on it.

((Hugs)

SH4

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest