Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 03, 2024, 03:11:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: It's Valentine's Day and I saw my ex  (Read 340 times)
mama-wolf

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced

« on: February 14, 2019, 09:29:31 AM »

I guess I could have planned that a bit better, but at least it went well enough... .

Short background:  The family therapist heard a slight speech impediment when talking to S6 and recommended that we think about having him evaluated.  It's very slight, and something we have been aware of, but not overly worried about.  The family therapist wasn't very concerned either, but wanted to cover all bases.  We reached out to S6's school since they have a speech pathologist and screenings are covered among the school services.

Well, the date they came back with in order for us parents to meet with S6's teacher, the speech pathologist, and school administrator was... .February 14th.  I was aware of the significance when I agreed to it, and told myself it was no big deal.

On my way in to the school this morning, I did have a general passing concern about meeting with uBPDxw and the folks at the school.  I just don't like being around her or having to hear her interact with others (she tries too hard to be funny, to be likable, and sound knowledgeable about just about everything).  I also had a distant curiosity about whether I would be upset about the fact that today is Valentine's Day.

Ultimately, there was nothing.  Just the same constant buzz of annoyance I feel with regards to uBPDxw.  That can spike into outright frustration and anxiety if she triggers me, but thankfully it did not happen today.  Even when she tried to correct what I was saying or interpret on my behalf to the school officials.  Even when she tried to put me on the spot about two scheduling matters that did not belong in the meeting.  I brushed those things off, spoke up for myself, and otherwise told her we would discuss it later.  The meeting concluded, and we went our separate ways.

And tonight, after my kids go to bed, I guess I will pop open a bottle of bubbly and toast a Valentines Day with out the kind of demands, expectations, and pressures I endured over the past 15 years.

I'm thinking of all of you today, and hope you make it through the day relatively unscathed by your pwBPD... .

mw

Lucky Jim

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 10:10:34 AM »

Excerpt
I brushed those things off, spoke up for myself, and otherwise told her we would discuss it later.  The meeting concluded, and we went our separate ways.

Hey mama-wolf, Sounds like you handled it well, so give yourself credit.  Hope you had that toast last night to a turmoil-free Valentine's Day.  You deserve it!

LJ

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Harri
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2019, 10:40:07 PM »

hi!  I wish I saw this post sooner as I would have celebrated V day with you!

Well done mama wolf!   This is a big win for you.

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
mama-wolf

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2019, 05:55:57 AM »

Thank you LJ and Harri!

She has managed to get under my skin in other ways the past couple of days, but I will take the win on V Day all the same.  I’ll post the other stuff on the coparenting board,  because I could really use some feedback from the community on it.

mw

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest