Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 14, 2024, 07:17:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things I couldn't have known
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Am I the Cause of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
I think it's Borderline Personality Disorder, but how can I know?
Poll
Question: how long does Depixol injection stay in your system?
side affects of Depixol - 0 (0%)
side affects of Flupentixol Decanoate - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Daughter a week into having Depixol injection, how long to get out of sytem plea  (Read 428 times)
Karen21

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: July 03, 2017, 03:37:30 AM »

My daughter is 24 years old and has tried the Depixol/ Flupentixol decanoate Injection, she had it about 10 days ago, and cannot cope with the side affects, such as eye problems, tiredness, increase in appetite, weight gain, lack of energy to exercise(which is what keeps her going normally), she tried this injection a couple of years ago and stayed on it for about a year in which time she gained about 2 stone in weight, after coming off it she has done so well and lost all the weight and got very fit physically,  but her mental health has deteriorated again and so was persuaded to try again with the depixol. she is now in panic mode at the side affects. does anyone know how long it will take to come out of her system, I am very worried about her, she also has body dismorphia and Bipolar 2. any advise would be gratefully received. thank you so much x

ps she is taking a tablet to stop the eye problems but its not working, and she takes Quetiapine.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Lollypop

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 02:56:04 AM »

Hi there Karen

I just wanted to respond to your post. I don't have specific experience about depixol or the other drugs you've mentioned. I do have experience of my DS self medicating and understand how worried you must be. It's difficult trying to be supportive when they're feeling so bad from the side effects or withdrawal.

My DS has a psychological and physical tendency with any drug. He feels things so intensely, even paracetamol. Ive stayed up at night with him in a few occasions. I've also tried ignoring but that was before diagnosis. I know better now.

I just used lots of validation and try and be as supportive as possible. As your daughter has been prescribed, she could speak to her doctor about the situation. I'm sure she'd feel better about that and you too. Just a suggestion.

Hugs

LP

I did my best. He told me I wasn’t good enough. White
Karen21

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 09:48:50 AM »

Hi Lollypop thank you for your comments, I am sorry to hear your DS has such a struggle aswell, its been 13 days now since the injection and my daughter should be due another injection today but has cancelled. The side affects are wearing off now thank goodness  Smiling (click to insert in post) but we will have to see what happens next its an emotional roller coaster for her. Hope you are having a good day x
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest