Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 05, 2024, 10:28:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dilemma  (Read 337 times)
Murbay

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: May 21, 2013, 01:26:34 AM »

Something that has been playing in my mind today is whether or not I break NC tomorrow after almost 2 weeks.

My exBPDw has spinal surgery 3 months ago and tomorrow is her visit to the surgeon to get the all clear. The compassionate part of me is still concerned and I do hope she gets the news she is wanting. The logical part of me is saying that it would be a bad move on many different levels. My mind plays through the all too familiar scenarios of, if I do say something, I open myself up to the abuse and ridicule, if I don't say anything then I am uncaring and didn't love her anyway. It was an all too familiar scenario in almost every disagreement we had, damned if I do and damned if I don't. However, I do care and I do hope things go the way she wants them to tomorrow, I just don't know if I should break NC in order to do that.

The other option I have, since I have to break NC next week anyway to let her know she can pick up her child support payment, is just to put a brief line in the message hoping that everything went well with the follow-up. Again, logic is screaming out that if she wanted me to know, she would contact me and tell me anyway.

I'm just not sure the best way to approach this situation without opening a can of worms.

Vindi

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Living together

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 07:48:36 AM »

just be sure when she p/u her child support payment, you don't get too re involved and recycled back in.

You've already lasted 2 weeks and that is good, if you re open communication, again you could get recycled and back into the abuse and ridicule you've seen/heard b4.

And yes, spinal surgery is alot, but she is a big girl and can take care of herself, it doesn't mean you are uncaring if you don't know any of the outcome. It just means you are focusing on your life and moving ahead and not worrying about others.

The choice is yours... . and go w/logic, cuz yes if she did want you to know she would have contacted you.

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest