Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 03, 2024, 08:08:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Post-BPD Life and Dating  (Read 500 times)
SuperJew82

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2017, 05:46:19 PM »

Did I say "Months" ? I meant "Years".
Lost-love-mind
a.k.a. beezleconduit

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2017, 03:52:35 PM »

Hi Beezle,
  Your posts here have resonated with me. My H of 10 years filed for divorce in August, and I was emotionally devastated, i.e.: sliding down the wall, crying kind of devastated.
  Luckily, I've been seeing my therapist/coach for the past seven years, and in between crying, I told her that, given my age (I'm in my 60s), and given the need to heal from all the s**t my H put me through, I'd be 70 before I'd even want to date, let alone remarry.

Her response? To work on my healing as the divorce process goes forward, and who knows, maybe I'll be ready to date the second the ink dries on that final decree.

My response? To go out onto dating sites for older people to see if I can even attract someone at my age. Kind of got hung up on it, actually. Then, after I reassured myself that I was indeed still capable of attracting men to me, I realized, as you seem to have realized, that maybe there'll be a relationship in my future, and maybe there won't. And I'm okay with that.

I have friends, kids, grandkids, and more animals than any person ought to have, and I am content being un-partnered for now.

TMD
TMD
I'm happy for you.
It's alright to know validation of oneself is a quest for inner peace by looking within instead of outward at material items or other human beings.
I've made a fair share of mistakes, but now learning from them and appreciate the battle scars.
My ex wife is remarried. I'm happy for her. I was so desperate to validate myself I latched onto a woman that unfortunately suffers from a PD.
I learned a lot from the experience. Never knew anything about BPD or even considered myself narcissistic capable. Now I know what I need to work on for myself and my remaining life. At 57 I thought I was being a gentleman to my exBPD. She was 45, gorgeous blonde that I treated like a trophy, not a human with emotional challenges.
It all works out for us if we are willing to look inward at ourselves.
TWD , I bet your a gorgeous woman, inside and out, that will attract men when your ready. If we lived in the same town and I met a woman with your self awareness? Well, it would be a nice conversation. Good luck.

I'm a pwBPD traits, diagnosed.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest