Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 03, 2024, 10:33:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Near or in break-up mode?
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can i PM anyone?  (Read 371 times)
anu6

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: March 27, 2017, 11:53:47 AM »

Sorry, this sounds silly. I'm a new member. Can anyone kindly tell me how i can PM some one?  When i open any profile, they say i cant view. So i couldn't understand how to PM. Thank you. Smiling (click to insert in post)
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

wendydarling
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Mother

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 12:37:01 PM »

Hello anu6 and welcome to you.  The PM functionality becomes available after you have posted 10 times. How can we help you.

WDx

Be kind, always and all ways ~ my BPD daughter
Turkish
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other
Relationship status: "Divorced"/abandoned by SO in Feb 2013; Mother with BPD, PTSD, Depression and Anxiety: RIP in 2021.

Dad to my wolf pack

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 10:34:56 PM »

Hi anu6,

Who is the person with BPD in your life,  and how can we help?

Turkish

“For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.” ― Rudyard Kipling
anu6

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2017, 06:16:08 AM »

Hi wendydarling and Turkish, thank you so much for replying. The person is my UBPD BF of 10years. After 10 posts, i would like to talk to one or two experienced members personally in PM.

I would like to discuss about the specific therapies which is helping/has helped non-BPD partner.

And also about how he or she has applied/ is applying boundaries in specific cases.

I've read many articles and books on BPD but sharing personal examples helps a lot too.

Can you tell me whom i can message? who are experienced members here who would like to share with me?

Thank you so much for this community. Smiling (click to insert in post)
Naughty Nibbler

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Sibling

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2017, 12:28:50 PM »

Hi anu6:   

This is a safe place to share.  Others have felt a bit shy about posting details as well.  Posting and interacting with others on the boards (as opposed to PMs), is the foundation of this community.  The collective minds and situations of all the members gives you a lot of resources.  You never know when someone reads your posts and may reply with helpful information or support for your situation.  If members focused on interacting by PM, it would limit the resources for both you and for many others.
Quote from: anu6
I would like to discuss about the specific therapies which is helping/has helped non-BPD partner.
Have you tried a form of therapy in the past?  Some people find they benefit best by using a therapist who has had experience treating BPD patients.  The type of therapist recommended might depend on what's all going on with you personally.  Cognitive Based Therapy (CBT) or Aceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) are two possible types of therapy.  Some members find it productive to learn many of the communication skills/strategies, come here and check their understanding by posting and gaining input from others.  Then, they also gain reinforcement and input by a therapist (the support can occur in any order, perhaps with a therapist first).  All forms of practice and support are beneficial.

Have you tried any specific communication skills with your partner? DON'T INVALIDATE (OR VALIDATION)  can be a helpful strategy or  SET (Support, Empathy and Truth) is a communication skill you might want to try.  You let your partner know that you want to support him/her in some way that you feel comfortable with. Empathy is basically the same as Validation and Truth is just what it says. 

Quote from: anu6
And, also, about how he or she has applied/is applying boundaries in specific cases.
   Sounds like you may have done some reading about  BOUNDARIES  What are some boundaries you would like to set and enforce?

We look forward to hearing more of your story, when you are ready to share. 

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest