Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 10:32:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Broke NC.. Omg.. what have I done, what now?  (Read 954 times)
Keef

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated since late November 2016.

« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2016, 04:21:49 PM »

Hey, Hlintthewiking: how have things been getting on since October? I am worried about you - the things you've described resonate with me very well. I was in a r/s for one year, and we recycled about four times 'til that bleak day 3 weeks ago, after a relatively stable month (when I say 'stable' I mean nothing near a 'normal' caring down-to-earth-r/s), when she more or less out of the blue said that "If you do not apologize in an adequate manner [NB: accused of doing something I never even had done] I never want to see you again." And that was it. Take my word, if you were scared back then you will not get rid of that feeling. Take this from someone who is still afraid even though she cut me out, my girl fantasized about burning down my flat - days after she'd abused me physically. Whatever she did to you was a violation of trust and boundaries. I don't know if you still are together, but that trust won't be easily if ever regained, just think of the hard work she will have to face in therapy and in everyday life. While you'll want things to work out you'll at the same time be the recipient of her fears, newly arisen existential questions, dealing with her projections etc.

Herodias, Zinnia21, once removed, and everyone else who's joined in on this thread; amazing words of advice and insight!  

Back to Hlint: Even though you may prefer Norse mythology Smiling (click to insert in post) I can't get the Greek myth of Pandora and the box out of my mind. Found this on G****e:

"She took the key, slid it into the lock and turned it. She took a deep breath, closed her eyes and slowly lifted the lid of the box. She opened her eyes and looked into the box, expecting to see fine silks, gowns or gold bracelets and necklaces or even piles of gold coins. But there was no gleam of gold or treasure. There were no shining bracelets and not one beautiful dress! The look of excitement on her face quickly turned to one of disappointment and then horror. For Zeus had packed the box full of all the terrible evils he could think of. Out of the box poured disease and poverty. Out came misery, out came death, out came sadness - all shaped like tiny buzzing moths."

Hlintthewiking, I have despite what I've been through been very close to breaking NC today. Reading these pages and thinking of poor Pandora made me change my mind.

I hope you are safe and in a stable place!

/Keef

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest