Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 14, 2024, 04:08:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Divorce Help  (Read 344 times)
Woodycoe
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: May 10, 2018, 07:02:26 PM »

I am divorcing my spouse after 30 years of marriage.  The BL has wore me down.  She is current having affairs with four other men.  She is fifty.  I have been thtough this 5 other time.  This time I asked for a divorse and she moved in with one of them
  I am trying to cope with the loss and the freedom from here.
Harley Quinn
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

I am exactly where I need to be, right now.

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 06:38:20 AM »

Hi Woodycoe and Welcome

30 years is a long r/s to have to grieve and you'll have a lot to unravel.  I'm so sorry that you find yourself here, although I'm really glad that you found the site.  You're in the right place for support.  We have other members who are getting over long relationships too who will relate to what you're going through.

When you are ready, could you share more of your story with us and let us know how best we can support you?  Is your wife diagnosed?  I'd encourage you to take a look around at some of the resources here, which are reliable and prove helpful to those of us who are healing.  You can find some excellent articles to the right hand side of your screen and also the lessons, which are designed to help us work through the stages of grief and detaching.  It's a difficult journey, but things can and do get better.  There is life after BPD.  Keep reading and posting, join other discussions and make yourself at home here.  I'll look forward to hearing more from you.

Love and light x 

We are stars wrapped in skin.  The light you are looking for has always been within.
Panda39

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex
Relationship status: SO and I have been together 9 years and have just moved in together this summer.

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 07:00:42 AM »

Hi Woodycoe,

I'd like to join Harley Quinn and welcome you to the BPD Family as well 

Divorce isn't an easy thing married to someone with BPD or not but being married to and divorcing someone with BPD can bring it's own special challenges.

How are you doing?  Having someone cheat and break your trust is terribly painful (been there).   Self care is important and coming here to talk things out is really good I'm so glad you decided to jump in  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)  But it's also important to take care of yourself in the real world too... .eating right, exercise, sleep are all things to pay attention to.

I know you are here on this board to work through the emotional aspects of going through a divorce but I did want to share with you that we also have a family law board if you want to talk about the nuts and bolts of your divorce.  No, the members on that board aren't lawyers but they have gone through what you are going through and can share their experience and strategies that have worked for them.

Link to Family Law board... .
https://bpdfamily.com/message_board/index.php?board=10.0

I hope you will share more of your story it really helps to share, particularly with people that have been there and "get it".

Take Care,
Panda39

"Have you ever looked fear in the face and just said, I just don't care" -Pink
Jeffree

Relationship status: divorce

Encourage Mint

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 09:39:48 AM »

Woodycoe,

Are there any unemancipated children involved in this divorce?

J

"Live as if your life depended on it." ~ Werner Erhard
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest