Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 10:13:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I've been NC, she's tryin to contact me.  (Read 334 times)
Consumed

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: April 09, 2013, 12:29:41 PM »

Since mid jan. I have been NC. The wake I left with has me depressed and dealing with some ptsd. The anxiety and heart pounding left almost the same day I made the decision to finally stop the bleeding. Blocked #, email, FB and hve not been dwelling on thoughts of her and I don't miss her (miss her 5yr son). I've written all that in a few posts, but she has been trying to contact me through other ways. She called my work about a month ago and got me on the phone for about a minute. She called my cell from her work phone (blocked now also)  and I let it go to VM. This week, the receptionist at my work (friend's my ex) told me she has been calling work and texting her to get a hold of me. I have a strong feeling she is going to stop by my house soon. I'm not into calling the police, because she will get pissed and do soemthing else, so I will have to just not answer the door. She lives a 1/4 mile away from me. I was told she has been driving by a lot, which I have been depressed on my couch for the past 2 months, so I don't see it. I haven't seen her in going on 3 months and I don't want to. She plays so many games, telling her friend (my co-worker) she is going blind and wants to see if I care. So many things like that, which make me tilt my head like a puppy and think What the heck. Just writing today, because I know a lot of you have been through this. I don't want to be rude, but I know a visit is coming soon and I'm getting a little anxious. Thanks for listening.
schwing
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: married to a non

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 01:22:51 PM »

Ok.  So you expect that she's going to try to catch you off guard.  You could call the police but would prefer not to because why?  You'll just get her angry?  Well, maybe this could help you to see when she is angry then you might not be so conflicted about speaking with her.

Another option is to get help from a friend who is willing to be a witness or a chaperone.  It might help to let this friend know in advance.  So if she does try to contact you when you have expressly asked her not to contact you (maybe you need to repeat this), at least you will have a witness present when you need to tell her in person (again).

Also I find that whenever there is a third party around, people with BPD (pwBPD) are much less likely to pull their shenanigans.  Also you are less likely to get caught in a he-said/she-said debate.  Just tell her you don't want to talk to her.  But if she needs to tell you something, she can say it with so-and-so standing by to make sure there isn't any misunderstanding.

Or you can be rude.  There is nothing wrong with being rude if that is the only way to communicate what have already politely tried to communicate.

Best wishes, Schwing

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest