Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 04, 2024, 09:18:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't ignore
What Does it Take to Be in a Relationship
Why We Struggle in Our Relationships
Is Your Relationship Breaking Down?
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The splitting and isolation is so hard  (Read 491 times)
Niulatu

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Dating

« on: April 13, 2024, 03:14:15 PM »

Hello Everyone,
I'm about 1 year into a relationship with an amazing girl who has went through 3 or 4 cycles.  I've been learning about bpd, I'm reading "stop walking on eggshells" and heard about this group. I don't give up easily and love her, I've told her the isolation treatment is not for me but yet it continues. I want it to work out,  it's becoming very mentally challenging for me.  Please help!
Thank you
PLEASE - NO RUN MESSAGES
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members may appear frustrated but they are here for constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

Niulatu

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 06:31:24 PM »

I just spoke with her, omg its so hard.

Can't imagine dealing with this for the rest of my life, the good times are amazing and lows are the worst
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2024, 12:42:22 AM »

whats going on?

has she said why she isnt speaking to you? what led up to it?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
Pook075
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2024, 09:49:05 AM »

I don't give up easily and love her, I've told her the isolation treatment is not for me but yet it continues. I want it to work out,  it's becoming very mentally challenging for me.  Please help!

Hi Niulatu and welcome!  I'm so sorry you're going through this.

The bolded statement makes sense but in terms of BPD, it's also a huge challenge.  The isolation is her own insecurities creating space to process her emotions and fear of abandonment.  Asking her to stop could come off as invalidating, and it all really comes down to communication that makes her feel safe and understood.

How long have you been separated?  Are you communicating at all?  Give us some details so we can try to help.
Niulatu

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2024, 09:57:21 AM »

She suddenly stopped communicating with me after having a hard day at work. We don't live together and she went silent.  Nothing happened between her and I at all. I saw her at an event 2 days after she went silent and she had bpd eyes in my opinion.  She's pretends to be good to the outside world. We spoke a few days later on the phone and she was noticeably upset,  she is from USSR and talking about feelings isn't normal to her. She told me she can't do this right now, it hurts.

I told her I was going to this restaurant a few days later and invited her to join. She didn't respond, 1 day before the date of the invitation she responds as me being some bad person.  I guess I was her favorite person and it feels she is going through me being a terrible person. 

She has went through this before telling me she is not attracted to me (before we started dating and twice during). When I was her favorite person she tells me I'm everything she always wanted.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest