Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 20, 2024, 03:44:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beginning the No Contact  (Read 438 times)
Lolster

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2014, 06:56:50 AM »

Yes Camuse, I can identify with that. 

Did you find your ex wanted to hold on to her (dubious) friendships though?  I found my first oddball ex wanted to maintain dodgy friendships with other disordered people (he had no 'normal' friends/acquaintances).  One was a female who shared his love of drink/drugs and he generally would switch his phone off and not come home all night when he attended one of her 'parties.'  Yet I would be accused of having affairs with men old enough to be my father if I mentioned a conversation with a male at work.  That progressed to me having affairs just for GOING to work as men were there, and women who may point out his flaws if I discussed our relationship.

With this most recent suspected pwBPD he just had no friends anyway and didn't appear ashamed to admit that (but did blame his physical disability rather than his own ineptitude for maintaining friendships).  The first time he raged at me was because I was out with a friend and didn't answer his messages immediately, but used the excuse of me not verifying loose plans that I was actually waiting for HIM to firm up.  I was a poor friend, etc etc. Well if I was such a poor friend why was I out supporting another friend with an issue she needed help with?  If I was such a poor friend why did I bother to actually let him know in advance that I would be unavailable? And why should I even NEED to let him know that I would be unavailable given that I didn't have plans with HIM that same day (it wasn't even the day I was waiting for him to verify plans for). He never did answer those questions, just rinsed and repeated again a week or two later. All very lame and centred around his own hatred of the fact that HE was alone and I wasn't available for him to offload on to. 

Probably a bit childish of me but I'm actually loving the fact that HE told me not to message him and yet I already had ignored him for a week before reading his message, which he would have been aware of, Laugh out loud (click to insert in post).

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest