Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 15, 2024, 11:04:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Making myself nuts Fleas?  (Read 353 times)
Elsegundo
Formerly Elsee

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« on: January 18, 2013, 08:26:24 PM »

I'm away and have worked myself up into hysteria.  Think all this reading and self-digging is messing me up!  I was upset, teary, reached out to pal and bro but no answer, so crazily reached out to ex w whom there's been nc for a few weeks I pushed her away then she went silent).  She said she's busy tonight but am I ok? (I've never reached out to her like this, btw.) I said no.  (Texts) she says she's about to walk into dinner then movie later, can I text her now more to discuss it?  I say I am driving, can't text can she call for 5.  Then nothing. 

So kicked me while I was down.  More hurt, humiliated, upset, even started to think I'm going nuts, and blamed myself for her behavior.  Cried, found hotel for the night, talked to bro and self soothed.  Think all that looking into my issues has actually made me worse!  I've never acted more crazy!  Now calm, her number blocked, numbing mind w tv.

just me.

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 09:04:43 PM »

I'm sorry you are hurting so much.  I think I understand how you are feeling.

For me, the most dreadful and haunting parts in all of this awful divorce nightmare thing I've gone through were the moments when I just decided to not hide it anymore and just  really show her that I needed her.  Not as a lover or a wife... .  I just needed the person that 3 days earlier swore I was her soul mate... .  I needed her to just care that I was hurting.

I never cry, but I let myself bawl right in front of her.  I begged her to just talk to me... .  to explain to me how she could just turn all love off like a light switch.

She just looked at me like I was an old tin can that the garbage man had somehow forgotten to pick up.  She rolled her eyes, shook her head, and shrugged.  Then she got glassy-eyed and seemed lost in thought for a minute.  I asked her what she was thinking... .  

"What?  Oh... .  I'm trying to figure out what type of place I'm going to be able to afford, and how that's going to work and everything.  You're not the only one with problems, you know."

It's the worst.  It's got to be one of the most awful interpersonal things in the world.  It all hurts like nothing I could have ever imagined.  That's why we're here.  Just keep talking it through here, enjoy your TV shows, and remember that this is probably the low point for you.  Even if it's slow, it will get better.
Suzn
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 10:08:32 PM »

I'm sorry you were upset Elsee, what do you think triggered this? Did something happen?

“Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.” ~Jacob M. Braude
Elsegundo
Formerly Elsee

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 11:35:39 PM »

Thanks to you both. Just me--thanks for sharing.  I'm sorry got hurt like that.  And you're right--it felt just as you said.  And the lack of it mattering--ugh.

Suz: In this process I've unearthed wounds which come out as more anxiety.  Think the combo of anxiety for big work pres. On top of that, reading more healing books digging deep, high stress, and a new premie baby born into family, and a business trip she was going to come on. 

Suzn
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 12:29:31 AM »

Suz: In this process I've unearthed wounds which come out as more anxiety.  Think the combo of anxiety for big work pres. On top of that, reading more healing books digging deep, high stress, and a new premie baby born into family, and a business trip she was going to come on. 

That's quite a lot there Elsee. Give yourself time to process, recovery is a slow process, can't rush it, it can become overwhelming if you do. Be kind to you during this time, can you give yourself a break from the books for a bit? 

“Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you'll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.” ~Jacob M. Braude
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest