Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 01:47:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Parents! Get help here!
Saying "I need help" is a huge first step. Here is what to do next.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts this Christmas  (Read 440 times)
Sancho
Ambassador

« on: December 23, 2022, 06:45:28 PM »

I wanted to post a Christmas message to everyone who comes to BPD family. It's difficult to know what to say: 'Happy Christmas'? Nah! I know how I feel when people say this to me.

I want to say 'thank you' to everyone who posts here. Your willingness to share your story is what helps us know we are not alone. Your words often give us a new way of looking at things - new approaches to the complex and demanding situations we are all in.

There are so few people who understand what our lives are like - but here everyone understands.

So I just want to say 'Thank you' for the gift you give to us.
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Pook075
Ambassador

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2022, 09:45:34 AM »

I wanted to post a Christmas message to everyone who comes to BPD family. It's difficult to know what to say: 'Happy Christmas'? Nah! I know how I feel when people say this to me.

I want to say 'thank you' to everyone who posts here. Your willingness to share your story is what helps us know we are not alone. Your words often give us a new way of looking at things - new approaches to the complex and demanding situations we are all in.

There are so few people who understand what our lives are like - but here everyone understands.

So I just want to say 'Thank you' for the gift you give to us.

I completely agree!  When I first came here a little over 4 months ago, my goal was to learn how to get my wife back.  This community made me realize that the real goal is investing in myself, changing my outlook, and then re-evaluating what really matters in my life.  I also learned that reconciling has to be on both our terms, without the blame or abuse, and I need to empathize with my wife's struggles instead of judging them.

I thank all of you for being a part of my journey, and today I log in more to support others than to get answers in my life.  I cannot fully express how much you folks mean to me- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
JPAL71

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2022, 08:08:15 AM »

THis was to be my first Christmas in three yrs with my D (20) home, but it wasn't meant to be. I come here to be reminded that all is not lost, that I have to focus on my own mental health, and D has all the skills needed to make herself a good life.

You all are so kind and compassionate. It's very soothing to the tortured mind when the internet is full of mean strangers. I so appreciate having a safe place to come and read and ask questions and not have to worry about being judged.

Happy Holidays to everyone. Let's look forward to 2023 with hope for ourselves and our loved ones.
Outdorenthusiast

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married - uBPDw

The road is narrow…

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2022, 08:40:06 AM »

May you all find happiness within this holiday season.  Thank you for your mutual support, and for the board owners/administrators.
Tanager

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child
Relationship status: Assisting with treatment

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2022, 07:06:39 PM »

I too am thankful to those who share their stories, pain and hope on this board. Just knowing there are others who understand has helped me through some dark days. All the best to all of you in the new year.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest