Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 04:22:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Unavailable Call 4:45 am  (Read 439 times)
downwhim

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: January 06, 2015, 08:42:14 AM »

Please let me know how to block these when they are unavailable. Last time I answered it was the replacement drunk with a girlfriend. They called right after that and I did not pick up. Now 2 months later it is 4:45 am and I did not answer. I know it is my ex or his wack job replacement.

Tired of this. What to do? any suggestions?
Pingo

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2015, 03:33:45 PM »

If it's an android phone you can download an app to blacklist certain numbers but that won't work if it is coming in as a blocked number.  But you can set it to block ALL numbers not in your contacts.  If you know it was your replacement that called, why not go to the police and tell them she's harassing you?
Pingo

Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 03:34:53 PM »

Is it possible to get a new phone number?
clydegriffith

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 03:37:29 PM »

You can contact your carrier and they can stop private calls from going through. You might be able to do it online yourself with some carriers. I know with Sprint you can do it online.
Pou

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Non existent. Co-habitat. She is extremely abusive and manipulative.

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 03:40:58 PM »

Please let me know how to block these when they are unavailable. Last time I answered it was the replacement drunk with a girlfriend. They called right after that and I did not pick up. Now 2 months later it is 4:45 am and I did not answer. I know it is my ex or his wack job replacement.

Tired of this. What to do? any suggestions?

you should play cool and as if it doesn't bother you... otherwise, that phone call will keep coming in.  2 month later is not that bad if you are over the relationship... .or you can have someone else pick up the phone and pretend that you no longer have this number... .or better yet, pick up the phone and play the "modem" noise ... .have fun with it.  However, if they try to call you everyday or few times a week, then I would start to worry...
downwhim

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 12:10:21 AM »

Thanks all, called Verizon. They cannot help over phone but able to block all calls "unavailable" online. FYI $5.00 fee. So happy about this... .
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest