Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 03, 2024, 09:24:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Believe it or not, a third one in a row  (Read 2890 times)
monkeybrain

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Broken up

« on: April 01, 2024, 10:11:57 PM »

Believe it or not, a third one in a row. It got to the point where I just laugh and cannot believe this.

There is something wrong in me and through extensive reading and insight through on-off therapies I believe it must have something to do with trying to 'fix' my mother.

I won't get into any details but I'm just going to say that if something looks like it's fairytale and that you have met your soulmate - it's probably not true. They seem to operate based on the same handbook - idealization, devaluation, lying, manipulation, promiscuity, lack of impulse control, temper tantrums, cheating, gaslighting, double life.

They are the architects of their own worst fear (abandonment). Emotionally absent or too catering, objectifying mother, a lack of a strong paternal figure.

As much as you want to help or wish to remain strong - any sign of weakness or imperfection is going to be misinterpreted and used against you.

Do not ignore the red flags, do not let the amazing sex blind you. Trust your initial instinct and run.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 07:19:39 AM by once removed » Logged
once removed
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2024, 07:19:46 AM »

what happened?

and I think it's gonna be all right; yeah; the worst is over now; the mornin' sun is shinin' like a red rubber ball…
PeteWitsend

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2024, 12:02:15 PM »

Believe it or not, a third one in a row. It got to the point where I just laugh and cannot believe this.

There is something wrong in me and through extensive reading and insight through on-off therapies I believe it must have something to do with trying to 'fix' my mother.

I won't get into any details but I'm just going to say that if something looks like it's fairytale and that you have met your soulmate - it's probably not true. They seem to operate based on the same handbook - idealization, devaluation, lying, manipulation, promiscuity, lack of impulse control, temper tantrums, cheating, gaslighting, double life.

They are the architects of their own worst fear (abandonment). Emotionally absent or too catering, objectifying mother, a lack of a strong paternal figure.

As much as you want to help or wish to remain strong - any sign of weakness or imperfection is going to be misinterpreted and used against you.

Do not ignore the red flags, do not let the amazing sex blind you. Trust your initial instinct and run.

Yeah, don't beat yourself up too much though.  Sometimes there's no reason for something other than bad luck. 

The comments about your mother are something to look into - with a professional therapist of course - but does that explain all your relationships? 

I just read an article about new research into the definition of "psychopath" or "sociopath"... and the researcher felt that whereas the estimates are currently that male psychopaths far outnumber female psychopaths, the real ratio was closer to 1/1 and it was just that the criteria used to diagnose the condition typically emphasized physical violence, which was more common among men than women.  In his view, female psychopaths should also include those who use emotional and/or verbal abuse, which was far more prevalent. 

And the article cited the statistic that up to 23% of the population could be "disordered"  or "on the spectrum"... if not actual psychopaths, then very verbally, physically & emotionally abusive, dishonest and manipulative, such that they weren't capable of forming healthy relationships with those around them.  That's a lot of people!

I'm not saying this to imply you shouldn't work on yourself and really consider why you might have found yourself in such relationships multiple times.  But it's possible that you just happened to meet bad people and bad times.  Don't beat yourself up or avoid other potentially good relationships because you feel there's something wrong with you.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest