Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 04:20:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
VIDEO: "What is parental alienation?" Parental alienation is when a parent allows a child to participate or hear them degrade the other parent. This is not uncommon in divorces and the children often adjust. In severe cases, however, it can be devastating to the child. This video provides a helpful overview.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What would you do  (Read 368 times)
Onmyown

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: seperated one month

« on: August 11, 2013, 11:31:25 PM »

Do you ever truly believe their words?

I maintained NC for sometime, blocked his number etc.  He got a new number .

Now its the gifts, dinner invitation.  The please let me try one final time  Let me show you that I'll never  call you those names again that I'll treat you the way you deserve to be treated. You don't have to tell anyone about us!  What kind of life is that? To be lying all the time?

We talked for a long time.  I pretty much told him he can't control himself, that we are not healthy together.

This is the first part of recycling. 

I know I shouldn't listen but it's that part of me that needs therapy.

Has anyone else gone through this?

What would you do?

It'll be a matter of time before he'll hurt me I'm sure or would it.

He's thrashed me so much.

Thoughts ideas for me?  What did you do?
Octoberfest

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 11:42:07 PM »

It doesn't matter what I would do 

It sounds like you are trying pretty hard to set some boundaries- that is very good. Ultimately, it has to be YOU who decides whether you want to give him another shot or move on with your life.  It takes two to recycle; otherwise it is just an attempted recycle, by one person, which means nothing at all.

“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Winston Churchill
[/url]
cska

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 11:49:40 PM »

I have gone through this countless and countless times. Every time, I would be sure that this time, things would be different, and my ex never even promised to change.

In my case, it was so hard to resist. Impossible even...

I would run back to her until the final straw that broke my back. I think all of us reach that point eventually. For me it were the constant suicide threats. I couldn't take it anymore.

BPD is a serious mental illness, it is not something that can be cured overnight. It takes years and years of therapy... So nothing will magically change this time around. That's the lesson I've learned after countless recycles. (In fact with eaach cycle, things were getting worse... )
Learning_curve74

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 11:57:29 PM »

Do you ever truly believe their words?

No! When somebody's actions don't support the words they say, then what they say are just lies. Why should anybody subject themselves to emotional and physical abuse from another person especially a liar?

Somebody who treats me great part-time then awfully part-time doesn't deserve to be in my life full-time or part-time!

Personally I am choosing NC and spending as much time around friends that value me and appreciate who I am. I also see a therapist. If you aren't getting professional therapy, that may be worth looking into. It has been very helpful.

Onmyown

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 12:15:40 AM »

It doesn't matter what I would do 

It sounds like you are trying pretty hard to set some boundaries- that is very good. Ultimately, it has to be YOU who decides whether you want to give him another shot or move on with your life.  It takes two to recycle; otherwise it is just an attempted recycle, by one person, which means nothing at all.

Thank you Octoberfest

As I stated I need therapy too.  I'm addicted and it's hard to break it.

I think that i'm stronger than the day before then i find out, nope I'm not  :'(
Onmyown

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 12:20:33 AM »

I have gone through this countless and countless times. Every time, I would be sure that this time, things would be different, and my ex never even promised to change.

In my case, it was so hard to resist. Impossible even...

I would run back to her until the final straw that broke my back. I think all of us reach that point eventually. For me it were the constant suicide threats. I couldn't take it anymore.

BPD is a serious mental illness, it is not something that can be cured overnight. It takes years and years of therapy... So nothing will magically change this time around. That's the lesson I've learned after countless recycles. (In fact with eaach cycle, things were getting worse... )

That is whatI have found out as well.  This last time was bad.

I get angry at myself that I can get so soft when he talks to me.

I need to get therapy and hope someone in my area knows how to deal with BPD.

I've tried therapy before but I never seemed to get much from it but now I know why.  Because I wasn't being treated for dealing with BPD.

Thank you for you reply.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest