Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 08, 2024, 08:04:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Skills we were never taught
A 3 Minute Lesson
on Ending Conflict
Communication Skills-
Don't Be Invalidating
Listen with Empathy -
A Powerful Life Skill
Setting Boundaries
and Setting Limits
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: >Lack of intimacy and or sex  (Read 213 times)
PookyBear
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Living together

« on: April 22, 2024, 09:37:40 AM »

My partner and I started out as friends with benefits and the sex was great at the time and I was his FP at the time and he knew about my other friend with benefits, we had a fight and I landed up seeing my other friend with benefits that night and lost the role of FP and a week later my partner with BPD told me he wanted a relationship and that’s when the sex stopped and all he wanted was for me to give him blow jobs or hand jobs every other night and when I asked if he could help me out with an orgasm I was shut down and then we eventually settled on him taking care of my needs without actual sex once a month but I was still lucky if I got that anyway fast forward and it’s been almost a year and still nothing my needs don’t get met but I am expected to take care of his? So I have now decided that unless my needs are met at the same time as his he can self love himself like I have had to do for nearly a year I am tired of doing everything that he wants and I don’t ask much for myself because I know he is very selfish and if he doesn’t get what he wants when he wants it he goes into a rage and does the whole BPD split thing am I wrong for feeling like this any tips on how I can get him to take care of my needs more often?
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

ThanksForPlaying

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 10:28:50 AM »

Sex is a whole issue on its own even without BPD involved.

Do his BPD traits show up anywhere else?  Is it just 'splitting' or are there other BPD behaviors you're noticing?

Do you think if you 'solve' the sex problem, the relationship will be manageable for you?

What are the good things you like about this relationship, that make you want to stay in it?
PookyBear
Fewer than 3 Posts

Relationship status: Living together

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 04:43:21 PM »

He is BPD diagnosed all other aspects of his BPD I can handle it’s just the not getting any sex that is effecting me
LonelyWife

Relationship status: Married

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2024, 12:34:05 PM »

Hi,
My husband was like this for awhile. I tried sitting down with him on one of his better days and was honest with him about my needs. We came up with a few compromises. We turned it from helping each other out to having a "bonding" session. We'll hold hands and say I love you afterwards. If we don't do that then he has told me to try and engage him into it, like kissing, listening to music that helps us get aroused. I don't know if that's helpful? I know it's really hard not having sex with your SO. For me as time has gone on and he has been getting treatment the sex has gotten better. Best of luck!
Pook075
Ambassador

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2024, 01:28:32 PM »

...and a week later my partner with BPD told me he wanted a relationship and that’s when the sex stopped...

Hello and welcome!

Help fill in a few of the blanks for us here.  How is the relationship outside of the sex?  Do you live together...and do you go on actual dates and such?  Or is this more like an "exclusive" friends with benefits type of relationship?

Tell us a little more about the actual relationship so we can give you better advice.
CoChuck

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2024, 03:39:50 PM »

I am sorry you are experiencing such a one-sided relationship regarding sex and intimacy. I think it's great you are establishing what you will and will not accept and have firm outcomes if they are not met. Can you follow-up?

I ask that question because I spent 25 years scrambling to become the person with whom my wife was willing to have sex. She has told me she does not feel safe around me because, well, because of my early reactions to her BPD-like behaviors. I was a college football player and lift weights a ton...from the beginning, she has told me I am too big for her (of course I would have liked to know this BEFORE we married).  Regardless the excuse, nothing changed. I even lost 30 pounds, with 12% body fat with no success. She has NEVER initiated physical intimacy with me..I mean never. If anything happened I had to start with an hour-long massage. About 1% of the time I was rewarded with sex.

I can remember the year before we were married and one 3 month period after about 15 years of marriage we had wonderful sex. Then it started again. Either I challenged her and faced her wrath and a wall of criticism or I accepted it, reducing the number of things for which she can be angry.

Now, I have learned to let things slide and to ask for what I need. If the consequences are great, I let them go. Unfortunately, I am no longer attracted to my wife. After 35 years of criticism, body shaming, and more, I have lost interest.

If you are going to stay in this relationship, learn all you can about BPD and how to interact. I have learned a lot about communication and how to stay involved without engaging in the criticism from people on this site.

I like that you are setting limits regarding sex. Is your limit the bare minimum you will accept or something more? I find my limits are the bare minimum, which causes conflict when they are not met. I am so please with the calm times, I am willing to put up with anything to maintain the peace.

I wonder what other's have had similar experiences regarding sex and their pwBPD?
CravingPeace

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2024, 10:22:45 AM »

Our sex life dried up over 10 years ago. I never knew why for a few years I remember back then getting really frustrated. A year or so ago she said it was because i didn't make her feel emotionally connected. I understand emotional connection is important but when I enquired what i needed to do, she would say I should know if I loved her.or she would give me a list when i pushed, i would do those things and it wouldnt be enough.  She said she didnt mean to cut it off for this long. Which means she knew she was cutting me off. Eg. It was deliberate and a punishment.

In couples therapy she said sometging different. She said I liked her to dress up wear heels etc. She said she felt objectified. At the time I thought she enjoyed that too, she used to often wear heels and skirts and looked so attractive to me. If she had told me she didn't want to I would have respected that rather than pretending she liked it and secretely resenting me.

Either way the story has changed on the reason. Anyway I too have lost interest in sex with her. The constant picking, verbal abuse, guilt trips , silent treatment and sulking and manipulation has put me right off. She sais recently she didnt feel sexual towards me, I agreed I didnt. She then got annoyed with me that I didn't feel that way. Clearly it was ok for her to feel that way about me. Its strange sometimes she says stuff like she has been chronically depressed since she was a little girl and she can remember it changing going from a happy girl to very sad. Other times she blames me for the fact she feels depressed. I guess that is the disfunction.

CoChuck

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2024, 09:45:27 PM »

Either way the story has changed on the reason. Anyway I too have lost interest in sex with her. The constant picking, verbal abuse, guilt trips , silent treatment and sulking and manipulation has put me right off. She sais recently she didnt feel sexual towards me, I agreed I didnt. She then got annoyed with me that I didn't feel that way. Clearly it was ok for her to feel that way about me. Its strange sometimes she says stuff like she has been chronically depressed since she was a little girl and she can remember it changing going from a happy girl to very sad. Other times she blames me for the fact she feels depressed. I guess that is the disfunction.

I still am fascinated by the 1) the difference between what my says happened and what I say and 2) how her report changes, especially with our therapist. In both instances, I am certain she is not trying to mislead.  Her reality seems to change to protect her sense of self.

Unfortunately, our therapist falls for her reality and we waste so much time with the therapist suggesting we just genuinely curious about each other. Well, my wife is never curious about me, but, of course, she says it because I am not curious. I follow-up with a genuine question, "Can you let me know a time I needed to be more curious so I can do it?" She tells me, "I've already told you so many times, I can't bare doing it again."

My point us, pwBPD truly believe we partners are the cause of things missing in our lives. My great desire is my wife recognized the sacrifice I made for her not pressuring her for sex, in any way, for 30 years. I never had an affair or even considered it. I have been entirely loyal. In her mind, all hope of intimacy ended when I decided to sleep in a separate room. Of course, that was 25 years into our marriage and the only reason I sleep in as separate room is because she complained for years about how hard it is to sleep with me.

Sometimes I am amazed by how impossible it is to tell about my experience with my partner without using multiple pages of text.
CravingPeace

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2024, 10:23:58 PM »

I am totally with you. I dont believe she changes her thoughts on what happened or lies deliberately. I believe she truely believes what she says in the moment is what happened, as it changes so frequently it sounds like lies.

I certainly have alot of anger, I am living with so much disfunction in her yet she seems to think it is me (most of the time), she seems to get glimpses of clarity but admitting this is very painful for her. I believed her that I was sick, or had a mental sickness for the longest time.

I realised it only started whrn my relationshio started with her, it was not like this before her, or when i spend time aeay from her. Once I started recording conversations I could see it was not me that helped alot. But having your reality denied and questioned is destabalising.

But the therapist doesnt have that luxury of recordings. So I think believes we are just two regular adults not getting on. She no doubt believes my wifes victim stories are 100% true. Muxh like I guess when I tell negative /victim stories about my wife she believes me. I wonder if the therapist will ever suss it out.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest