Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 03, 2024, 01:02:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Too much control  (Read 989 times)
Organgrinder
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: December 17, 2016, 06:42:12 PM »

I've been married for 52 years. The first 20 years were OK (tolerable).  My wife started to get very religious - Pentecostal. Religious to the point of addiction. BPD atttributes got more obvious. Other than the BPD challenges, I have to deal with financial issues - I fund all household expenses while she refuses to pay for anything, her money is given to religious organizations from the over $500,000 she has.

BPD wise: I'm subject to accusations of affairs, lies about me, negativism, verbal abuse, control of my activities.  There is much more to detail- another time.

Being 79 years old, I regret not leaving decades ago.  Likely too late now.
Larmoyant
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 07:04:54 PM »

It's never to late to dream a new dream Organgrinder. Welcome to BPD family.   
Lucky Jim

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2016, 10:34:38 AM »

Hey Organgrinder, What has kept you in it for 52 years?  Presumably you get something out of your marriage.  What would you like to see happen?  No, I don't think it's too late to make changes for the better, if you are ready.  LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
FiveForFighting

Relationship status: married

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2016, 03:23:47 PM »

I've been married for 52 years. The first 20 years were OK (tolerable).  My wife started to get very religious - Pentecostal. Religious to the point of addiction. BPD atttributes got more obvious. Other than the BPD challenges, I have to deal with financial issues - I fund all household expenses while she refuses to pay for anything, her money is given to religious organizations from the over $500,000 she has.
Welcome Ogrinder... .interesting point you make here. Pentecostal wife. I have an uBPDw and I am interested how she treats you as opposed to folks in the church. She probably is very cordial, amenable etc. to folks at the church but treats you differently. My wife will sometimes pull out scripture to study on or talk with our kids about but will act in complete contradiction to the scripture we just got done going over. She will also use scripture to lecture me on my role as a leader and head of the household and how she is not meant to lead but would never relinquish control. In order for someone to lead, there needs to be followers and an vacant position. in other words, there cannot be someone already leading. Cant have 2 leaders; doesn't work well.
Anyway, I've been married 18 years and I understand your pain and hurt and confusion. We're here for you.
Organgrinder
Fewer than 3 Posts

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 04:14:15 PM »

I'm being treated for hypothyroidism, my doctor gave my dissected thyroid pills to take. I'm good with this treatment, however, BPD spouse "knows" my doctor was wrong and I shouldn't be taking, because they are different than she's taking. She refuses to acknowledge that she has a thyroid problem (which she does) and refuses to see her doctor, and hasn't for over 20 years, no blood tests either, (her doctor, according to her, knows nothing). Mrs. BPD has been haranguing me for over 30 days about the thyroid pills I'm taking. It's driving me crazy. I suggested we go for therapy. She refuses to because she doesn't need it, but says I do! It's seems strange to me that doctor's spend years in med school, training, and practise, and know nothing.

This on top of her addiction to fundamental religion is crazy making.

What to do?

Cheers, Bob (husband of Mrs. Knowitall)
KateCat

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2017, 05:45:53 PM »

Welcome from another senior citizen, Mr. Grinder.

Maybe you can tell your wife that of the two Democratic candidates for the U.S. presidency in 2016 one was taking levothyroxine and the other was on NDT Armour Thyroid. Maybe she will be able to guess which was which.  Being cool (click to insert in post)
Lucky Jim

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 10:45:55 AM »

Hey Organgrinder, I went through the same thing w/my BPDxW.  She objected to me taking pills prescribed by my doctor and flushed them down the toilet.  My Doctor gave me a new Rx and told me to keep all medications at my office!

LuckyJim

A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
George Bernard Shaw
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest