Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 16, 2024, 02:06:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Survey: How do you compare?
Adult Children Sensitivity
67% are highly sensitive
Romantic Break-ups
73% have five or more recycles
Physical Hitting
66% of members were hit
Depression Test
61% of members are moderate-severe
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Urgent -- kids' mom wants to suspend PT because of virus fears  (Read 816 times)
kells76
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner’s ex

« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2020, 09:24:58 AM »

Excerpt
How do the kids seem now that they're with you?

About like they always seem on a weekend... minor bickering with each other (they are 14 and almost 12, so yeah), but generally cooperative, funny, compliant, helpful, etc. SD11 still not super open, but did share snuggles with DH and asked me for help going to sleep, so I had her "give herself a pat on the back" for asking for what she needed. SD14 wants to work on not self censoring around us, so she did make a couple of provocative statements, and I tried to engage as best I could. She is now generally super affectionate with DH and always wants to be with him, so that's good.

Excerpt
For BPD sufferers in my life, the flip side of being prone to drama is the desire to be soothed. "Here is the drama. Soothe me."

Interesting. That could be going on -- "validate my response to this crisis" would be the flavor I'm getting from Mom. Stepdad took two weeks off of work: "That validates my fears about the crisis". DH and I did not (could not) take time off of work: "You're not doing what I need you to do. I would be more comfortable if everybody did what I wanted".

Excerpt
The virus is not a relationship so cannot be addressed with her primitive skills, so she uses it as backdrop in which her more go-to methods can be applied, like relationship conflicts.

Sounds about right. Trying to position people in a controlling/manipulative way in order to manage fears that cannot otherwise be dealt with, because there's no executive function skill set. So, if the "virus concern" can be translated into "emotional relationship concern", then it is manageable. Because she has emotional manipulation skills.

DH said that when he went to pick the kids up on Friday, Mom/Stepdad weren't friendly/chatty (the mask) as usual.

Guess who cancelled his 2 weeks off of work... I guess it wasn't that important?

It would not surprise me if there is going to be resentment in the air at Mom's: "we could have had this nice time off together if it wasn't for your dad" type stuff. Not much we can do about it.

I told DH David's story about how his kids' mom tells them that he is the #2 pot distributor in his metro area. That over time, because she keeps doubling down on her assertions, they have come to see how crazy those statements are. I told DH that I though the kids' mom is kind of like that -- that her move is to keep doubling down on her position no matter what. Hopefully one day the kids see what's going on.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest