Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 08:18:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The two letters I wrote but didn't send  (Read 334 times)
disorderedsociety

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Other

« on: September 05, 2015, 10:18:13 PM »

Laugh out loud (click to insert in post) just thought I'd share since this is a good outlet. It also doesn't seem like a good idea to send someone a letter based on feelings that eventually fade. Especially if they themselves suffer from a disorder; that seems cruel. The first one was when I was still in denial/attachment. Second is from today when the first pang of anger really arose. I feel so nasty. And especially pathetic for feeling the first letter. But it makes me feel like I'm crazy swinging from such extremes. I guess it comes with the territory.

X,

I hope everything is going well in your world. Congratulations on the second one - I remember how much you wanted a brother for X and it makes me happy to hear that you have one on the way.

Sorry for all the unnecessary suffering. If I had been open with my feelings I could have prevented that. I do think we learned a lot from each other and I don't regret us having met.

Regards--

Hey,

This might be selfish of me but I want to get it out of my system.

I just wanted to remind you what a petluant, heartless c*** you are. As for the f***boy you're with now, I pity him. I find it fitting he's stuck with a kid he didn't want in the first place while you search for someone slightly better off materially and easier to manipulate, to fill that dark void in your heart and soul. I'm thankful he's keeping you occupied so you stay as far as possible away from me. Maybe you'll get a taste of your own medicine. I realize this letter probably won't have any real effect on you, as you're too developmentally stunted to even realize the kind of chaos you left in your wake but its worth it if it makes you suffer even in the slightest. I sincerely hope things don't get better for you at all. I truly hope that on the day you take your last breath you somehow realize the ramifications of your actions throughout your miserable life. And I hope you carry that suffering into the next life and as far as possible after that.

Sincerely,

ds
SGraham

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 11:44:04 PM »

Hey man its all about finding a creative outlet for those frustrations, no need to feel nasty or pathetic. I used to write these nasty rants in this journal that ended up sounding like Holden Caulfield with an anger management problem.
FannyB

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 02:57:14 AM »

DS

It's perfectly natural to have those feelings, and writing them down helps you to let off steam.  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)

You're right about it not being a good idea sending such a letter though. To the untrained eye, your condemnation of her could appear bitter and twisted - and play perfectly into her 'victim' narrative. 

I think if we do 'lose it' with a borderline and deliver some home truths, then it's better done verbally for the reasons stated above.

Fanny
disillusionedandsore

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 12:37:36 PM »

Thank you for sharing these DS,  I laughed so hard I cried. I particularly loved the line that starts with "I just wanted to remind you... ."

I can identify with both states, wanting to wish the ex well and wanting to expose

him and all his lies,  BS and deceit.

Sounds like you are working through the feelings well. This helped me.
Yolanda123

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 12:45:57 PM »

It really helps to write down our feelings. I myself wrote several letters to my exBPDbf. Just like yours, some were loving, wishing him well, and some were just angry ventings and telling him what an a***ole he's been to me. All these emotions we go through, from sadness to anger, are perfectly normal and it's good to process them and letting them out. Writing is a healthy way to do so.

I agree with most that sending the letters is not a good idea. But I guess just writing them and posting them here has helped you right?

Take care 
Beach_Babe
Also known as FriedaB

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Single

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 01:54:38 PM »

ill take Door #2 for $100 Bob.  Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest