Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 06:48:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How would a child understand?
Shame, a Powerful, Painful and Potentially Dangerous Emotion
Was Part of Your Childhood Deprived by Emotional Incest?
Have Your Parents Put You at Risk for Psychopathology
Resentment: Maybe She Was Doing the...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Absence since Aug 2022  (Read 1356 times)
legalboxers

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner
Relationship status: Ex GF / Fiancée

« on: February 24, 2024, 11:53:25 AM »

Paragraph header (click to insert in post)
Sorry I have not been in touch. It has been a tormenting few years or time since I have been here.  My problems began around March-April. I did get a new truck, which will be one year next week (I only have 3000 miles on it I dont drive) The problems began around tax season-ish. My mom kept on fighting with H&R Block on paperwork and other odds and ends.

Then she started smelling flatulence and sewage, when there wasnt any (This went on every day - all the time from March to December, up until today), then was fighting with the person who put in 3 windows in the house and patched a wall in my room. (still smelling stuff which isnt there) Fighting with a person who put the cement walkway and bits and pieces around the property. Getting violent with them (and not expecting pushback) and then she accuses me of breaking a shower door when something was wrong with it from the gate (was off its track from rust and not being cleaned with soap scum) .

She still smells stuff which isnt there. Sees things - like someone walking a dog and the person pointing to the house and having the dog bark at the door. Seeing the neighbor kids playing in the front yard mocking her. (she refuses help- shes 87).

Her doctor is my old Pediatrician. she basically would give her a pass. she does not examine her hearing her eyes or does blood work for her. So she gets a pass on everything.

That is a quick summary of what Ive been dealing with..   

when they ask us to do time in purgatory, we can say no thanks, Ive done mine
Notwendy

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 06:42:26 AM »

With this change in behavior, I think your mother needs a medical evaluation. If her doctor is also a connection for you, I think it's possible for you to speak to her about your concerns.

My BPD mother behaves differently to others than she does with immediate family. It's possible that your mother's doctor doesn't see the larger picture if your mother holds it together during her appointments.

Your mother's doctor can't speak to you about her medical issues without her consent, but perhaps would be willing to hear your concerns. It would be best if your mother was in agreement with giving her consent but she might not.

This doctor might be unaware of your mother's behaviors so hopefully you can share them with her so your mother can get evaluated.

legalboxers

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2024, 06:48:07 AM »

With this change in behavior, I think your mother needs a medical evaluation. If her doctor is also a connection for you, I think it's possible for you to speak to her about your concerns.

My BPD mother behaves differently to others than she does with immediate family. It's possible that your mother's doctor doesn't see the larger picture if your mother holds it together during her appointments.

Your mother's doctor can't speak to you about her medical issues without her consent, but perhaps would be willing to hear your concerns. It would be best if your mother was in agreement with giving her consent but she might not.

This doctor might be unaware of your mother's behaviors so hopefully you can share them with her so your mother can get evaluated.

She is oblivious too. I brought it to her. My mom is like "Im fine" the doctor asks and she says shes fine.No check up, nothing. This is why she chose her, since she is her friend, so its a free pass
« Last Edit: March 05, 2024, 11:59:32 AM by kells76, Reason: adjusted quotation HTML formatting » Logged

Notwendy

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2024, 07:39:27 AM »

How old is your mother?

If your mother is "legally competent" then she'd have to agree to an evaluation. If she won't- there probably isn't a lot you can do. One idea is to have a session with an elder care attorney to see about options for stepping in as her guardian.

I did this and the information was helpful- I can't step in unless my BPD mother is considered to be legally incompetent, even if her decisions are not good one. However, by doing so, I have that knowlege so I don't wonder if there is more I could do.
legalboxers

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2024, 09:05:22 AM »

How old is your mother?

If your mother is "legally competent" then she'd have to agree to an evaluation. If she won't- there probably isn't a lot you can do. One idea is to have a session with an elder care attorney to see about options for stepping in as her guardian.

I did this and the information was helpful- I can't step in unless my BPD mother is considered to be legally incompetent, even if her decisions are not good one. However, by doing so, I have that knowlege so I don't wonder if there is more I could do.

My mom is 87. Today she was like "oh the neighbors dog is doing its business across the st".. No one is out there....

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest