Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 04, 2024, 01:15:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things I couldn't have known
Emotional Blackmail: Fear, Obligation and Guilt (FOG)
Am I the Cause of Borderline Personality Disorder?
Escaping Conflict and the Karpman Drama Triangle
I think it's Borderline Personality Disorder, but how can I know?
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I live in Los Angeles and my daughter is 25 after taking her to therapy for sin  (Read 469 times)
AleMTN

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Child

« on: August 14, 2018, 04:28:24 PM »

My daughter is 25 she was just diagnosed with BPD! She is at rock bottom we live in Los Angeles area. Does anyone have done interventions before? How do I go forward. Her therapist couldn’t help because she refused to go there. I need help to know what to do where to go. If anyone knows a facility or a dr specelized on BPD in LA let me know. So far every dr I have called didn’t call me back. She beats me up, uses weed, use abusivewords and we are lost. Please help us where to go
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
Harri
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2018, 12:42:26 AM »

Hi.  I am so sorry for your situation.  It is heart breaking to have a child struggling so hard and to have it have such devastating effects on you.  Is your daughter willing to go to therapy or is it the one therapist she won't go to?

I am not familiar with the LA area but I do know that most hospitals have therapists well trained in treating people with BPD.  Have you tried contacting the Behavioral Health or Psychiatry department of hospitals near you? 

What are you doing to take care of yourself?  Coming here is a good thing to do as many here are in the same situation or have already gone through it.  It is good to talk with others and get support.  We have several tools that can help you to manage communication with your daughter as well as self-care.  If you look over on the right hand side of the page you will see several links to articles that may be helpful. 

As you share more of your story we can make more specific recommendations.

I hope to hear more from you soon.

"What is to give light must endure burning." ~Viktor Frankl
Kwamina
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2018, 02:44:48 PM »

Hi AkeMTN

I too am very sorry you are in this difficult situation. Dealing with abuse is very unpleasant.

You mention she beats you up, this is quite concerning. Do you feel safe around her?

Are there any other family-members involved and/or living with you?

The Board Parrot

Oh, give me liberty! For even were paradise my prison, still I should long to leap the crystal walls.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest