Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 22, 2024, 01:16:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NC Mistake?  (Read 345 times)
healinggrace
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner

« on: September 27, 2015, 07:46:06 PM »

I have been search for years to try to find out what was up with my husband.

We have been married 26 years. I should have done something years ago, but I didnt know what to do.

He has been physically/emotionally/verbally abusive since the beginning. Always because of something I have done or not done. When our daughters were old enough to realize somethings he said or did were not right they would ask why he was saying or doing things, they were told to mind there own business/shut the ___ up/. Over the years things would be better for a time and became less physical because of boundaries I set like if you hit me I will call the police. But I was always to blame for problems and he would not have acted that way if I didnt do this or that. Mean time I am praying, reading, searching how to be a better wife, not react certain ways ect...

Then of course the pattern started he was sorry, shouldn't have said what he said... .

I finally did something when H hit/pushed adult daughter the night before other daughters wedding.

We made it back home after d out of town wedding. That night the d that was hit called and asked me to meet her in emergency room she was having trouble moving her head/neck and her arm hurt. So I met her leaving H at home asleep. Long story short d didnt want to press charges against father but wanted him to get mental help and social worker said she could have him involuntary committed. He was picked up at home by local police and taken to hospital for eval. Since then (June 23rd 2015) my daughter and I have had NC papers taken out and he was required to attend Abuser treatment Program. He since has broken restraining order by directly contacting me through email(not aloud to do that per restraining order) I just didnt answer emails, but he was texting a friend continuously. Asking about me, was I waiting for him, did I love him... .he had already done this with 2 other people so enough was enough. I call police and they arrested him for breaking restraining order.

Now the problem I realize is that I had mad it clear to family and friends that I loved him and was not getting a divorce I just wanted him to get the mental help he needed and when he was well, we could work on getting back together.

WELL now I have read on this site- NC order was maybe not the way to go - but he would never leave on his own, admit he had issues and I was concerned since I met my daughter at the emergency room he would consider I was "taking her side" and I would have hell to pay. During our marriage He constantly said I never backed him up when dealing with the children and I have told him I would not stand with him when he treated the children with disrespect.  I want our marriage to work, My Daughters are happy I am finally not allowing him to control me and I know that I gave them a terrible example during their childhood how a man should treat a women or anyone for that matter.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest