Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 02, 2024, 02:35:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 month with NC with my ex  (Read 443 times)
Freeatlast_1

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: October 26, 2015, 06:25:05 PM »

It still feels awful! I am keeping busy, I'm working out, work has gotten better. I have been feeling much better but I miss her like crazy. She was sick and extremely mean, but for some reason I really loved that girl. At times, the good part of her is just amazing, not just the sex, the connection. But other times she is just crazy.
C.Stein

« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 06:28:50 PM »

One might think it would be easy to let go, to remember only the pain and anguish ... .and yet all you seem capable of is remembering everything that was good and how deeply you loved her.   It sucks.
overcomer

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2015, 06:45:23 PM »

Keep up the hard work Freeatlast_1!  I wasted 20yrs with my uBPDw and I've been out for 2 years now.  I sleep well at night.  I feel relaxed and enjoy life.  I redeveloped my personhood and identity after letting it get crushed for 20yrs.  Why do we love those who treat us so mean?  I dated many nice girls before I met my uBPDw but didn't find "the one" until I met her.  She treated me the worst out of all of them but I wanted her.  I'm still trying to figure out the why?

As far as I can see you have two choices:

1.  Spend 20yrs with her until you finally get sick of all the crap and you get the heck out! (which it seems you have reached that point but are rethinking it)

2.  Get out and stay out and begin to live life as you should be.

Hope this helps!
Freeatlast_1

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2015, 08:16:42 PM »

Thanks, I agree with you. Life is just easier without the stress, the drama, the fights etc. I just hate the sickening feeling that she is with someone else, and I am not sure of it but most likely knowing her, she can't be alone. I know that's simply immature and kind of selfish too because we are both free, I just can't help feeling sick in the stomach when I think of that. I sometimes think if I go back and put her through therapy and support her through this, but that's still not guaranteed, and I can still foresee pain, drama and lack of appreciation. It's just annoyingly painful, somehow I think it's me though. I've never been so in love, and with the wrong person. I was so shocked by her actions, punching my car, yelling, screaming, verbal abuse, suicide threats, even her eyes looked so "daemon-like" when she's in the zone, it's so strange. Then when she's 'normal' she's so soft and gentle and loving, but that doesn't last. Crap, I know it's wrong to be with someone like that, and I'm not sure how my psyche is even allowing me to justify her actions.
overcomer

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 11:05:31 AM »

I wonder if it really is love that we felt for these people.  Many times I reflect on what made me desire this woman who was so destructive and reactive... .why did I allow the abuse even though those around me saw all the warnings.  Was it a messianic complex or the need to fix someone who couldn't fix themselves.  Sometimes I look at it as more of an addiction with the cycle of euphoria and then the consequences.  Maybe it's the attention they give us when their on their best behavior that fills some unfulfilled need we have had since childhood. 
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest