Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 15, 2024, 05:09:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My girlfriend wants to go back to being friends because she is scared she will h  (Read 393 times)
Loveher##1
Fewer than 3 Posts

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Partner could be breaking up

« on: August 15, 2020, 10:14:18 AM »

We just got back together been together a week I'm giving her space when we got back together I told her we didn't have to do anything she was not ready for and when we first got together we were together 3 month I didn't understand her at first and I never mistreated her she left me and last night she texted me said she thinks we should go back to being friends  because she didn't want to get hurt. I texted her back saying we can be friends but I am going to be honest I have feelings for you and I don't want to play games I love you can we just put all that behind us and have a fresh start l. She text me back saying how she doesn't want to get hurt and I still could go and live with her for a while..I'm in hospital I have injured my angles... Anyway I text her back saying it's up to her I don't want to give and I was thinking clearly at the time and I got hurt too.. I got jealous she needed space I didn't know what BPD was till I met her.but I understand her much better now I'm thinking she might be doing it so I will chase her and make her feel special I have let her know I love her so I'm just going give her space and let her come to me she shared a photo on Facebook saying she needs space and she is not cutting people off. I love this girl she hurt me broke my heart but I'm not going to play the blame game I just want to be with her and have a fresh start I never cheated on her abused her mentally or physically I treated her like a princess
RELATIONSHIP PROBLEM SOLVING
This is a high level discussion board for solving ongoing, day-to-day relationship conflicts. Members are welcomed to express frustration but must seek constructive solutions to problems. This is not a place for relationship "stay" or "leave" discussions. Please read the specific guidelines for this group.

pursuingJoy
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Inlaw

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 08:56:22 AM »

Loveher, it's been a few days since you posted this. How are you feeling today?

Heartbreak can be complicated by BPD relating. I think you're wise not to move in with her. It's important to respect your own limits.

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? ~CS Lewis
Loveher##1
Fewer than 3 Posts

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Partner could be breaking up

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2020, 11:42:22 PM »

How can be friends with her I understand that she doesn't want to get hurt I didn't move in with had a little argument but she said we can still be friends I have realized being friends is the best start I haven't had contact with her in a week so should I give her a text message
pursuingJoy
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Inlaw

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2020, 07:26:10 AM »

should I give her a text message

If you want to continue your friendship I don't see why not. What are your goals with her long term?

Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: What! You too? ~CS Lewis
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest