Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 09:01:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Books members most read
The High
Conflict Couple
Loving Someone with
Borderline Personality Disorder
Loving the
Self-Absorbed
Borderline Personality
Disorder Demystified

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I found this very interesting and it hit home for me. Have a BPD/NPD waif ?  (Read 381 times)
Denyingdenial

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Divorced

« on: November 23, 2010, 12:12:17 AM »

www.abusemenot.wordpress.com/2009/07/28/NPDBPD-the-female-tormentor/  I really found this to be interesting and thought some of you with BPD/NPD waifs would also. It taught me some stuff and answered some questions I had.

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 01:00:14 AM »

Workedover, you've got to be aware that what you read by unqualified people may harm your healing and confuse you more than when you started. Sure, a blog like this will tell you what you want to hear-but you've got to be aware of the truth behind the disorder. Borderline personality disorder isn't gender specific. Borderline personality disorder happens to Men as well. Borderline is a failure to "become." It is a failure to separate/ individuate.  Most Borderline women have a deficient sense of self and use others to cling to. The clinging then becomes distancing and back to clinging again based on rewarding and withdrawing objects (that's you.) While the outcome of the behaviors is written in the article quite clearly- the reasons for the disorder are not. The reasons given have no substance other than to belittle women. If you are going to understand the disorder, find a qualified author on the subject, not some blogger inappropriately named "me love" who splits women into evolutionary glitches and has no data to back up their writing.

Excerpt
It’s an undeniable fact,  the nature of women is to use their sexuality to coerce men for favors.  As it relates to premeditated or conditioned behaviors, we must consider the capacity of the female brain. It is not a physiological disorder, what it is though is a series of life events that by this individuals choice, have created abnormal thought patterns that self-protective in nature. In the case of a woman with such a disorder, the emotional ties they have to self are much stronger than the male abuser.  Much of creation in these women’s dysfunctional world come from demanding, emotionally inept  mothers/fathers that want their daughters to be liberated from a dominant male world environment.

It might be worth your while to get your information from the right sources- if only for the reason that you'll probably want a relationship in the future with a woman without having to study the "premeditated or conditioned behaviors in consideration of the capacity of the female brain."

Stick with reading the right books. Kohut, Klein, Masterson have all spent their lives dedicated to the disorder. They are educated about the disorder and they will help you become educated as well. Not one of them bring into play any differences, if any, of the male or female brain.  Brain chemistry discussion is more appropriate for Bi-polar problems not behavioral. Stay away from any writing that obviously has personalized the disorder and split all women into bad.  It will only get you worked up and further away from your own lesson plan and that's what is important here.

Denyingdenial

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 10:28:58 AM »

I love, respect and think women are every bit my equals. If it was not for a couple of women I would not have survived the last attack from my dnbptexw. I actually trust women in general more than I do men. I got this blog off another post on this site and for me some of it really hit home and answered some questions that had been bugging me. while I do not agree with everything or believe all of it , some of it I believe is very much right on the money. I wish to offend no woman by posting this I also thought that there might be some men who would relate in the way I did. please take no offence to this post none was meant and I have a huge respect for all women... .Smiling (click to insert in post)
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest