Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 29, 2024, 04:44:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
How to communicate after a contentious divorce... Following a contentious divorce and custody battle, there are often high emotion and tensions between the parents. Research shows that constant and chronic conflict between the parents negatively impacts the children. The children sense their parents anxiety in their voice, their body language and their parents behavior. Here are some suggestions from Dean Stacer on how to avoid conflict.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm wondering if he'll react again to this date.  (Read 362 times)
lipstick

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« on: April 09, 2014, 08:55:14 AM »

Hi family!

Curious about everyone's experience regarding specific dates / events with their BPD exes.  :)o you feel that these are "triggers" for them?  Me specifically - I'm currently blocked on FB (since December) and painted a lovely shade of black due to not accepting a Friend Request from my exBPDbf. However - there is a very significant date coming up next week. An "anniversary" of sorts for us.

I'm wondering if he'll react again to this date. He did last year. I ignored it. Now - here it comes again. I've been receiving "Restricted" phone calls on my cell phone since the date that he blocked me. Never received a "Restricted" call prior to that. I understand you can hide your number from showing up on Caller i.d. by using *67 prior to entering the number of the party you're calling. Why you would need to do this is beyond me.

So - just wondering if others have experienced issues with their exes "acting up" on special dates / events and what was the reaction from them / you? Has it continued long after you ceased contact?

Thanks as always!

L.    
JLK1011

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2014, 10:07:15 AM »

Hi,

I wondered that, too, but my current but soon to be ex always say that certain actions of mine are triggers for him. He claims it could be the way I touched his hand. I have no clue what he is talking about but I guess it makes sense it him.
johny07

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2014, 07:57:35 PM »

I think my ex had a bit of date fetish. 13th of march, on that day we set the facebook relationship status (she did, I didn't mind). Recently I found out that on the exact same day she broke up with her boyfriend and kicked him out of her life. He had no idea about me until he saw me on her facebook profile and I had no idea about him (she had told me she wasn't with anybody for 6 months), I was a classic replacement. Interesting thing, 13th march was their anniversary date, they dated for 2 years. On the 13th of March two years before that she did the exact same thing with the boyfriend before, the 2 guys actually had a fight over her that day. I didn't manage to stay in the relationship whole year so I have no idea how she 'celebrated' this years march. Smiling (click to insert in post)

Anyway, I wondered maybe the triggering dates can be some important childhood events, something to do with the parents. I have no idea but there have been a lot of people noticing that some dates really matter for BPDs.

lipstick

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2014, 10:34:29 AM »

Just an update - I logged onto FB this morning and discovered I have an anonymous "follower". Yesterday I had seven people "following". Today I have eight. And I can't see who it is. I have no idea how you go about "following" someone anonymously. Anyone know?

Anyway - thought it was interesting considering our "anniversary" is just a few days away now.

I may have to change my FB settings so that followers are no longer allowed! 

L.
seeking balance
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Relationship status: divorced

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 12:04:26 PM »

Hey Lipstick,

How do YOU feel about all this?  Sounds like you might be anxious or nervous?

Peace,

SB

Faith does not grow in the house of certainty - The Shack
lipstick

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2014, 01:24:27 PM »

Hi Seeking Balance,

I don't really feel much of anything. Maybe a tad bit anxious - only in a selfish way, though. Like in a - "oh, if he reacts - it means I'm not forgotten!" kind of way. Some sort of weird validation, maybe?

I'm now roughly 18 months out from the ":)iscard" and Silent Treatment. Now I just feel weary in my head with the whole thing. Is that normal?  Just finally getting tired of all of it? That's where I'm at. I will always love him - but it will always have to be from a distance. I just have this nagging feeling that he continues to watch me.

L.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest