Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 26, 2024, 10:15:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Experts share their discoveries [video]
Caretaking - What is it all about?
Margalis Fjelstad, PhD
Blame - why we do it?
Brené Brown, PhD
Family dynamics matter.
Alan Fruzzetti, PhD
A perspective on BPD
Ivan Spielberg, PhD
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Today isn't such a good day for us...  (Read 969 times)
Reality

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2013, 08:47:27 PM »

almostvegan,

The future is well-hidden.  You can't see it, but the potential is there.  Their reality is just on a different speed.  Bumps and starts... .  soo sloow... .  most young people don't have to master such a complex self, our darlings are fine-tuning bit by bit... .  once the personal work is accomplished, they will soar... .  our darlings are the high-flying ones... .  it takes great courage and great skill... .  they shine with luminosity, then they themselves have to do the Atlas-Work... .  holding up themselves... .  

Listen carefully, listen, laugh, love... .  

Reality
Our objective is to better understand the struggles our child faces and to learn the skills to improve our relationship and provide a supportive environment and also improve on our own emotional responses, attitudes and effectiveness as a family leaders
cfh

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Married 30 + years and struggling under the strain

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2013, 10:35:30 PM »

AV and all

Am I helpless or hopeless?

I am helpless to "fix" my ds, I am helpless to create a life for him that is my dream.

But I am never hopeless. 

I don't believe in miracles but I do believe that the brain can evolve, that ds can maybe gain some insight and start making better decisions for himself.

Reality is right... .  the future is well hidden.

Stay hopeful.
mikmik

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2013, 08:47:07 AM »

AV and all,

Had a visit with dd19's therapist, alone.  I told her this was a session for her as well, that she was free to ask any questions of me, any clarifications she may need.  She just looked at me kinda stunned.  But we talked.

One thing she told me about dd, is that she needs something more intense.  There is a RTF nearby, that she likes. 

Point is, that AV is in the valley of BPD, as so many of us are.  Some are at the hilltop right now.  BPD is so influenced by any progress, or any setback.  It is a rollercoaster, it is a series of hills and valleys.  Let none of us forget how hopeless, or how long we linger in the valleys of BPD.  It takes every ounce of engery to take each step while we are in the valley.  We must honor each other's struggle in the valley, and feed our souls.  Depair is powerful at this time, and hope is at its weakest.

We all have mood cycles we go through, Reality says it so lovely when she says their reality is just on a different speed.

AV, just feel all the love this board is sending you right now.  Wrap yourself in our compassion.  We are sitting with you in this mess, and holding your hand.  We are behind you when you have to speak with your dd.  Take some of our strength if you can.

mik
almostvegan

« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2013, 06:37:49 PM »

I have no words other than

THANK YOU AND BLESS YOU.

AV
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest