Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 09:17:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I guess I have moved on to this board.  (Read 378 times)
mssomebodynice

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: January 14, 2013, 05:15:34 AM »

This is so difficult.  The contact comes farther and farther apart.  He contacted me on the 18th of December.  I came to his house.  We watched a movie and he told me it was our anniversary.  I didn't even know.  We started off in different countries, and we had been talking since September via phone, Facebook (how we met) and emails.  He came home to on this date and we got to see each other for the first time.  We had such a great time on the 18th.  Laughing all day.  I bought him a gift.  He is a writer and has written an award winning book.  His gift was a monogramed pen.  A beautiful one.  I know he loved it.  He kept picking it up throughout the day.  He asked me if I had wrapped the gift because it was so perfect?  "Yes" I said.  He kept touching me as if I were not real.  He never stopped smiling.  We talked and laughed, made love and I went home in the early evening.  He text me that he had a great time.  I text back that I always had a great time with him.  The next day he text that he would be disposed over the holidays and that perhaps we could go to lunch or a movie after the 4th of January, but have a merry Christmas and happy NY in advance.  Again he thanked me for the pen and said he was going to try to write again and something worth of such a beautiful gift.  The control again.  I didn't respond.  I have not heard from him since.  I was going to be strong and not respond.  I don't have to be strong in that way, it appears he has dumped me on my head.  Why?  Why do I have to find someone like this to fall in love with?  I have been in pain since I walked out the door for what appears to be the last time.  How does someone do this to someone?  He always kept his distance and said he hadn't spent the night with someone in years when I had suggested we do so, some months past.  I need some advise.  How do I move on from here?  How do I pick myself up and move on, when my heart is on the floor?
GreenMango
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 08:30:32 PM »

It can be really shocking how things work out.  How are you doing?  You ask yourself some good questions.

mssomebodynice

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 05:40:02 AM »

You ask some good questions as well.  I am co-dependent but have been working on it before I met him.  So much for progress.  I have read 21 self help books and sought T.  My T said I understand it, I just have to put it into practice.  Rejection is huge for me.  Yesterday I was a mess flitting from wanting him to call, text or something, but then I knew I would begin this game all over again.  I don't want that either.  It is a Catch 22.  I try to focus on me getting well.  I understand what they do... .  and I also understand what I do.  I know I will have to face it hard and push through it.  It is the only way I am going to get well and hopefully find someone who can love me back.  I want to be out of this well, what ever it is?  I guess I would call it my 'relationship' and his 'game'.  At times, like right now, I have clarity.  At times I am brought down to a sobbing mess. I will not ever break NC.  I just hope that he will leave it that way too.  Thanks.  Thanks very much for your comment.
GreenMango
Retired Staff

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2013, 01:04:16 PM »

Doing things differently can be tough.  I found making plans and having other thongs to work on took my mind off it.  The grief is painful though for while.

How's the support around you, friends and family?

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest