Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 27, 2024, 01:33:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Beware of Junk Psychology... Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true. Not all blogs and online "life coaches" are reliable, accurate, or healthy for you. Remember, there is no oversight, no competency testing, no registration, and no accountability for many sites - it is up to you to qualify the resource. Learn how to navigate this complicated arena...
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: just stay the hell away  (Read 369 times)
really

« on: February 15, 2013, 07:48:43 AM »

So today I finally got to see psychologist ... .  and she said without a doubt I was with a borderline.

Tonight my mate had been in contact with my ex.    She thought it was me.   It wasn't.  But he got all the same abuse and vitriol that would have been directed at me.   

Can't admit the cheating.   Can't admit anything.   

Just stay away from them.  I feel about as low as is possible but getting away from their lies, cheating, manipulation and absolute refusal to self analyse on any level has to mean more than the illusion that was life with them.

turtle
Retired Staff

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: I am happily single -- live alone and love it.

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2013, 07:56:40 AM »

I feel about as low as is possible but getting away from their lies, cheating, manipulation and absolute refusal to self analyse on any level has to mean more than the illusion that was life with them.

Geting away from all of the chaos DOES mean more than the illusion!  It takes time, but one day (not today,) you will know  this as a fact.  Just like you said... .  stay away from her.  The longer you do, the better off you'll be.

I'm sorry your mate had to hear all of her BS, but in a way, aren't you grateful for that? Sometimes, I think our friends think it's not as bad as we say it is.

And how in the world did she mistake your friend for you?  Even that is kind of insulting!

turtle

really

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 08:22:58 AM »

She went off at him in his email, saying how horrid he was... .  his email was fair.    She had said in a previous email how horrid I was and how I had threated self harm (nonsense).  I had said in an email last year that I felt like giving up and he reminded her how I had told him that she had self harmed and taken an overdose herself.    Big mistake! 

Anyway what it comes down to is that she is incapable of any self analysis.  Her new guy and her are in the wonders of a honeymoon period, extended by her making me out to be some psycho.

As the psychologist said to me today... .  i bet there is a long list of broken hearts in her life.   Yes, absolutely is.   

BPD is just the most sickening, twisted mind blowing thing i have ever experienced.

Any normal women out there?   I hope so!

Changed4safety

What is your sexual orientation: Straight
Relationship status: Living together, three and a half years

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2013, 09:12:45 AM »

I'm working on normal!   Being cool (click to insert in post)

That's what the gift of all of this has been for me.  I see a pattern of getting involved with men who need "rescuing" or who are "dangerous but not with you, not ever with you"    and so on.  I've been diagnosed as co-dependent and I believe that.  I have looked deeper and with fresh eyes at my FOO.  For the first time EVER I don't want a guy to come and save me as I save him.  I am ingraining  Red flag/bad  (click to insert in post) into me so I know to catch them early.  I am defining where my boundaries are and when I am ready to date again they will be firmly in place.  When I despair and think I'll never find a normal guy who also arouses love in me, I look at the examples around me with my friends.  I'll find it again, when I am up to it, and I will be a properly-prepared partner.  I believe we can all be this!   
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest