Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
March 28, 2024, 04:34:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Family Court Strategies: When Your Partner Has BPD OR NPD Traits. Practicing lawyer, Senior Family Mediator, and former Licensed Clinical Social Worker with twelve years’ experience and an expert on navigating the Family Court process.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can / Should you ever forgive a BPD ex  (Read 3039 times)
Emelie Emelie

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2014, 12:10:10 AM »

I think forgiveness helps us heal.  I also feel like I forgave him everything, went back to him, and ended up absolutely shattered again.  So forgiveness feels dangerous to me right now.  When I see that hurt, scared, vulnerable little boy in him I feel overwhelming tenderness towards him.  And those feelings hurt... .a lot.  Because he has no tenderness towards me.  I feel better when I'm angry at him.

Should we forgive them?  Yes, eventually, I think it's in our best interest.  I know I have a lot of healing and detaching to do before I get to that point. 
enlighten me

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Ex-romantic partner

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2014, 12:34:45 AM »

Personally I don't think you can forgive them fully.

You can understand that its not their fault that they behaved the way they did but as Emelie said forgiveness is dangerous. To fully forgive them means that your ok with what they did and Im not ok with it. I understand why they did it but I don't forgive them for it.

There are some things in life that are unforgivable. We shouldn't be trying to be saints who can forgive every wrong. We are not saints we are normal people and like a person with BPD we need to have a coping mechanism. We need to hold onto the fact that what they put us through cannot be forgiven so that we don't get sucked back in.

By saying its not their fault and you forgive them what are you really doing? Are you just keeping that door open to allow yourself to make the same mistakes again? Is it you being saintly or is it a small part of you that is willing to do anything just to be with them again?

The only person who deserves your forgiveness is you.

Tausk
Formerly "Schroeder's Piano"

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2014, 01:15:29 AM »

For me:  Forgiveness is not enablement.  It is not endorsement.  It is not condonement.  

Forgiveness is about letting go of my attachment to an action or behavior.   I forgive for my benefit.  Because forgiving those who transgress against me provides me with freedom.

But I can only forgive when I am ready.  And it's harder to forgive someone who does not feel they have transgressed.  

But again, I can forgive an abused traumatized three-year old who screams she hates me when she's crabby, hungry and tired.  So I will eventually be able to forgive my ex, because she is that abused traumatized three-year old.

And I will forgive her because she is human and makes mistakes.  And even more importantly because she has limited capacity for executive decision making.  And I forgive her because her intention for being with me was in the hope of finding love with me.   She thought that our love could save her, just like I thought our love would save me.

She doesn't understand that she is not capable of love.  So she acts in a sociopathic manner.

But I try and do at times forgive her in small stages.  And that is what frees me.  

The act of forgiveness is not for her.  I sincerely doubt that we will ever have any interaction again.  I will never condone her betrayal, and I will never enable the Disorder to rule my life again.

But I will forgive... .in time... .when I'm ready... .because forgiveness of my ex helps to free me.

Infared

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2014, 03:21:57 AM »

Tausk has some great points and I agree that you can forgive someone in your heart for their transgressions, yet they may never know it. You do not ever have to have contact with them again if you feel that it is not in your best interest to do so. i.e. Forgiveness does not equal reconciliation. I believe that forgiveness does not mean that what they may have done is ok or ok with you.

You can forgive without putting yourself in harms way again. I personally have been unable to forgive. I have been slowly able to accept this person for who they actually are, not who I thought that they were... .and that has taken me years. Acceptance feels safer for me with total NC. I do not wish them harm or want revenge or anything, but maybe some day I will get to the forgiveness part.
irishmarmot

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2014, 12:11:37 PM »

My relationship with my expwBPD was the worst relationship I have ever had.  From a moral point of view she was the worst person I have ever met in my life.  Despite that I forgave her and consequently I live in peace and I like the feeling.   And if past behavior predicts future behavior,  then she is living in turmoil.   I also heed that advice lest I repeat the past and become enmeshed with another BPD in the future.  Ghandi once said that forgiveness is an attribute of the strong, the weak can never forgive.
Split black

Relationship status: Divorced

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2014, 01:19:09 PM »

I personally have been unable to forgive. I have been slowly able to accept this person for who they actually are, not who I thought that they were... .and that has taken me years. Acceptance feels safer for me with total NC. I do not wish them harm or want revenge or anything, but maybe some day I will get to the forgiveness part.

I think acceptance is the key... .to limit our own suffering... .and the fact that no matter what you say, do, feel, wish or hope will not change what THEY do.  In the brief few weeks I allowed recycling, there were no apologies... .there was only and I quote " stop telling me everything you have done for me" and " I can do or see anything or anyone I want"  And lets keep in mind, this was about a conversation I had right after we slept together again for the first time since the end of Feb. ... .and also that she is in a committed relationship with her ex of 3 years. Her anchor and face to the world via happy facebook pics Laugh out loud (click to insert in post). She was referring to her obsession du jour, a DJ, who shes been heavily seducing. When I said why are you doing this to your BF, her reply was he was above.

Do I forgive the tragic little abused girl in her... .yeah, I do. I have kids... .I feel for abused kids. But the woman she has become, is self aware enough to know she is not " normal " ... .we have discussed it. She goes to an 8 step thing... .and 12 steps... .and has been to therapy. ( She said she manipulated the therapist when her adopted parents sent her years ago. But shes been back as an adult as well)

Yet she continues to bring chaos to and misery to herself and everyone crazy enough to want to help her. She has an endless supply of beta chumps that will white knight her. I guess I fell from alpha to beta Laugh out loud (click to insert in post)

I accept that there is NOTHING I can do to help her. Her last texts were I dont need your help or money, Im working and I can support myself. ( she feels my help came with a price... .sex)  I explained that I fell for her and care for her and that sex is a normal expression of joy, and pleasing, for two consenting adults. She sees herself being exploited for sex from everyone. Except when she is using it as a tool and weapon to get what she needs.

So I forgive the little girl, and I accept that I can not change reality. My withdrawal hurts, but I feel so much better without the incredible stress her presence brings. She said that I stressed her out... .it is what it is.  
Tausk
Formerly "Schroeder's Piano"

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2014, 01:26:15 PM »

My relationship with my expwBPD was the worst relationship I have ever had.  From a moral point of view she was the worst person I have ever met in my life.  Despite that I forgave her and consequently I live in peace and I like the feeling.   And if past behavior predicts future behavior,  then she is living in turmoil.   I also heed that advice lest I repeat the past and become enmeshed with another BPD in the future.  Ghandi once said that forgiveness is an attribute of the strong, the weak can never forgive.

I really like this.  And also I would add, that I still need to silently and more profoundly ask for forgiveness in my transgressions with my ex. 

For example, I lost my temper at times and screamed at her.  No excuses.  My brother in law has a success interaction with my BPD sister because he has no temper what so ever.  My ex's new husband, whom she cheated with on me, has not temper either.  Even I introduced them I figured that he was a better fit for her.

So I have to ask for forgiveness from her.  Because I screamed at a traumatized three year old and helped to put her in a state of absolute terror.  This is the just an example, there are many more.

But first I must try and forgive myself for my transgression against myself.  Then ask for forgiveness of my  transgression against her.  Then try and forgive her.
Blimblam

« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2014, 01:35:39 PM »

I have come to the seemingly obvious realization that you must forgive yourself first.

putting the focus on forgiving them is still feeding into the dynamic created during the relationship.

To forgive yourself to really forgive yourself you have to dig deep into the issues they pwBPD has uncovered.  You have to work through and resolve these core truamas.  This is the act of forgiving oneself accepting things as they are and following through with action.  Sometimes the action will be inaction.  Once you have gotten to a point where you have healed the deep inner truamas you will know yourself better than before.  You will have forgiven yourself of you inner turmoil by addressing it and growing as a person.

You will come to see the interaction as a gift and will have forgiven yourself.  Only then can you give true forgiveness to the pwBPD.

Anything else is just burying the pain living in denial and justifying it.  The grudge will remain and eat at you. You may find a way to let go through "blissful" experiences and just focusing on the positive.  That is ignorance, ignorance is bliss.  You will have to lie to yourself if you want to take that path.
Hopeless777

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2014, 10:16:28 PM »

Guess I'll have to disagree with most of the posts here. For all I've said to "her" there's no way that the rage and violence returned or initiated in the first place was warranted. I will never forgive her for the hurt and pain and suffering I've endured; the trauma to the kids; the financial ruin; the sleepless nights; the drug induced sleep aids; the endless sex sessions needed to satisfy her insatiable primal urges and needs; the coldness and callousness; the take all my money I've slaved for and spend, spend, spend; the endless plastic surgeries that will be some other guy's pleasure (or eventual horror); the international trips, the fashion, etc., etc. I have been destroyed by a demon spawn from the depths of hell, But I love her and would take her back if she would only apologize. I am wretched!

But God does not just sweep life away; instead, He devises ways to bring us back when we have been separated from Him. 2 Samuel 14:14(b) NLT
OutOfEgypt

Relationship status: married

« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2014, 11:18:43 PM »

You misunderstand what forgiveness is.  Forgiveness is not about being 'understanding' toward someone's crimes against you because they had a 'tough childhood'.  Forgiveness means refusing to hold a debt against somebody any longer -it does NOT mean somehow pretending that debt was somehow less or not really a debt at all.  

Forgiveness is something ultimately that frees you.  The alternative -bitterness- does not actually stop them, hold them accountable, imprison them, hurt them, or really do anything to them.  All of those things we wish upon them, in our bitterness, become ours.  We end up stunted, imprisoned, hurt, and chained.  Not them.  So forgiveness frees us.  Letting go frees us and accepts that our bitterness is delusional because it doesn't actually do anything to make them pay at all.  We only pay.  Forgiveness realizes that no longer demanding that they pay lifts the weight of debt of OUR shoulders.

Forgiveness doesn't mean minimization.  It doesn't mean pretending they didn't do anything bad.  And it certainly doesn't imply a restored relationship.  It doesn't mean it doesn't make you angry.  It doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.  It means you are willing to let go and stop demanding in your mind and heart that God, the universe, or whatever make them pay.

Should you forgive?  If you don't want what they did to you to hinder and impede your life and potential for the rest of your life, then yes.  If you want to really have your own life, to really move on, to really have a new life of your own, then yes.  But if you are okay with hanging the weight of a debt that really belongs to them around your neck for the rest of your life, then don't forgive.
AimingforMastery

« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2014, 02:57:33 AM »

I know that any apologies I would receive from him would be lies- he never once apologized for any of his actions the entire time we dated.  Plus, he admitted that he always told me what I wanted to hear.  To him now, I'm nothing- not worthy of an apology. 

I really really want to reach the point of letting go of all the pain, anger, and hurt, but I'm not sure how.  I trusted him, loved him unconditionally, wasn't perfect, but tried to be the best girlfriend I could.  I opened up to him in more ways that I've been, was more vulnerable than I've ever been and I keep feeling this sense of just unfairness... .  why did this happen?  I know, I know... .  I'm still riding the wave of emotions after being severely traumatized in this relationship.  I just want to reach that point of acceptance once and for all.  [/quote]
I hope this helps you let go - It wasn't anything to do with you. Period. Nothing.

By that I mean, all his BPD BS was created WAY before you came along. And the BOD stuff was deep unconscious wounds looking for a target and even now he is likely not conscious of that stuff, but it is merely spilling out unconsciously onto people around him, no different from a drunk alcoholic vomiting who cant remember it the next day.

That is why it happened - he was deeply mentally disturbed. And you slowly realized (I am guessing) that you had chosen to be with someone who didn't give you consideration, respect or empathy.

Like loving a lamppost - my ex BPD gf wasn't nothing but a lamp post. I can forgive the lamppost and move on, but only once I truly realized my gf was, in effect, a lamppost. Metaphorically speaking... .

Now, if she got well and became consistently empathetic and considerate in her action snot just her words (lies) - well, you never say never... .

But you get my drift. You would not take it personally if a lamppost sowed you no empathy, because ITS A LAMPPOST... .
Changingman

Relationship status: Daughter 15, Son 14

« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2014, 07:41:24 AM »

I'm six weeks out after a 27 year marriage and two kids, etc., etc. She texted me about four weeks ago that I'm no longer her soul mate. How do you ever forgive that? No one could ever say anything more cruel. I'd rather take the physical abuse from her repeatedly than hear that. I'm just crushed.

Hi Hope,

This is a classic BPD/NPD action.

Conditional 'love'. love as need.

'You are no longer my soul mate'

Also this is searching for a way to hurt you.

Sorry to hear this
blissful_camper

« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2014, 05:55:45 PM »

Yes!  This is right on. 

My focus has been forgiving myself.  I attracted what I needed at the time (that interaction) so that I would do the inner work and healing that was long overdue. 

At this point (a year out) I doubt that my ex cares about whether he is forgiven or not. 

What I experienced really at this point has nothing to do with him.  He just facilitated it.  That I can thank him for. 

I have come to the seemingly obvious realization that you must forgive yourself first.

putting the focus on forgiving them is still feeding into the dynamic created during the relationship.

To forgive yourself to really forgive yourself you have to dig deep into the issues they pwBPD has uncovered.  You have to work through and resolve these core truamas.  This is the act of forgiving oneself accepting things as they are and following through with action.  Sometimes the action will be inaction.  Once you have gotten to a point where you have healed the deep inner truamas you will know yourself better than before.  You will have forgiven yourself of you inner turmoil by addressing it and growing as a person.

You will come to see the interaction as a gift and will have forgiven yourself.  Only then can you give true forgiveness to the pwBPD.

Anything else is just burying the pain living in denial and justifying it.  The grudge will remain and eat at you. You may find a way to let go through "blissful" experiences and just focusing on the positive.  That is ignorance, ignorance is bliss.  You will have to lie to yourself if you want to take that path.

Blimblam

« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2014, 08:58:38 PM »

I just wanted to add to my post that I havnt fully forgiven myself and her I'm still on that journey and I'm really learning what forgiveness is like never before in my life.
naguma

« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2021, 03:25:04 PM »

I say what infared says.
F forgiving them, forgive yourself. Accept what they did. Then move on.
PwBPD are like a force of nature in a mechanical sort of way. You don't forgive a tornado for destroying your house, you accept that it happened.
The only difference between a PwBPD and an act of nature. The PwBPD chose you because you are broken. The act of nature is less discriminating. Both act in ways that are out of your control and out of theirs.
If you feel like you should forgive a tornado, then by all means forgive the PwBPD.
Rex31807

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Married

« Reply #45 on: May 06, 2021, 08:35:15 PM »

You misunderstand what forgiveness is.  Forgiveness is not about being 'understanding' toward someone's crimes against you because they had a 'tough childhood'.  Forgiveness means refusing to hold a debt against somebody any longer -it does NOT mean somehow pretending that debt was somehow less or not really a debt at all.  

Forgiveness is something ultimately that frees you.  The alternative -bitterness- does not actually stop them, hold them accountable, imprison them, hurt them, or really do anything to them.  All of those things we wish upon them, in our bitterness, become ours.  We end up stunted, imprisoned, hurt, and chained.  Not them.  So forgiveness frees us.  Letting go frees us and accepts that our bitterness is delusional because it doesn't actually do anything to make them pay at all.  We only pay.  Forgiveness realizes that no longer demanding that they pay lifts the weight of debt of OUR shoulders.

Forgiveness doesn't mean minimization.  It doesn't mean pretending they didn't do anything bad.  And it certainly doesn't imply a restored relationship.  It doesn't mean it doesn't make you angry.  It doesn't mean it doesn't hurt.  It means you are willing to let go and stop demanding in your mind and heart that God, the universe, or whatever make them pay.

Should you forgive?  If you don't want what they did to you to hinder and impede your life and potential for the rest of your life, then yes.  If you want to really have your own life, to really move on, to really have a new life of your own, then yes.  But if you are okay with hanging the weight of a debt that really belongs to them around your neck for the rest of your life, then don't forgive.
I

Out of Egypt said it best.  Yes. We should forgive and in all my years of studying scripture that was the most profound statement on forgiveness. Thank you Moses! I meant out of egypt.
Cromwell
`

« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2021, 07:32:11 AM »

It is not necessary in order to detach.
EZEarache

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Romantic partner
Relationship status: Separated

« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2021, 11:29:59 AM »

What they should do, when they're feeling leveled out, is make an appointment with a therapist. 

But how do you convince them to do this without, you becoming painted controlling, or abusive, etc in their eyes?

No one seems to have the answer to that.
Ragdolllover

Relationship status: Broken-up

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2021, 08:59:49 AM »

As far as forgiveness goes... the one person I have to forgive is me.  This person showed me in so many ways with their actions who they actually were when I first met them, but I decided to ignore all of that information and then to listen to and believe their victim story and invent my own true love story which was far removed from reality.  I find it very difficult to forgive me for being instrumental is causing myself so much agony.

Wow, I love this...

I will work on this for sure. Thanks for sharing!
MeandThee29

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2021, 11:41:35 AM »

Forgiving my ex-spouse was for me, not him. Mine was a marriage of several decades with children who thankfully were over 18 during the divorce process. There was also drug use involved. I didn't find out about borderline until after he had been gone for six months and said he wasn't coming back. At that point, our mutual therapist explained how borderline and narcissism interact. I was emotionally half-in-half-out then, but now have no doubt that it had to end. He had been talking about divorce for fifteen years.

Like another poster, I decided that it had to stop poisoning me, so I gradually let it go. The marriage was effectively over when he left, but I truly let go and gave up a year into separation. I also joined a 12-step group then that has helped me immensely. After that it was a bit-by-bit journey that continued as the lawyers got involved. I was thankful for an attorney with a high conflict specialization who just wanted to get it done for me. He told me when I interviewed him that he didn't take clients who viewed the law as way to get back at their ex, only clients who wanted a fair settlement. He also said that he was expecting a hard fight and only took tough cases (smile). My ex picked a "I'll fight for the moon if you want it" attorney, and that plus my ex made for a lot of crazy. We did settle out of court, but it was bad enough that my attorney said I'd get a full chapter if he ever wrote a book.

Now I'm just sad when I think of what happened. The red flags were there from the beginning, and I had to forgive myself for ignoring that and then allowing myself and our children to live with such chaos for so long. One of our adult children is still working through a lot but is doing well overall, and the other has a more balanced view that their father is a damaged individual that went off the rails. We don't have contact with him at all, and he is no longer in our area.
MeandThee29

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2021, 11:58:26 AM »

But how do you convince them to do this without, you becoming painted controlling, or abusive, etc in their eyes?

No one seems to have the answer to that.

You will never be able to control another adult, period. BPD and the like go so very deep that unless they change their core beliefs about themselves and others, lasting change is unlikely. Going to therapy to deal with something like that is painful, so they project or quit if they go at all. People who go to therapy and stick with it want to change. In most cases, those with disordered thinking don't want to change.

We have a saying in the recovery community that you should never work harder than the individual you are trying to help. I was secretly going to therapy for years and trying to do everything I could to save the relationship and manage the chaos at home while he just got worse and worse. Of course I had my own issues that didn't help. At times there were surface changes, but they never lasted. The last time he went to therapy, he lasted all of a month.

Then after he left, he decided that I was the crazy one and got his family behind him. Then they decided as a family that therapy was all a crock and told me that they would handle any counselling. As if what really happened (he said I made up all of his misbehaviors) was just ordinary marital conflict. So family system issues enabled it. 

I didn't give up easily, but getting divorced was a must. We are not in contact, so I have no idea how he is doing. Had to be.
IntoTheWind

Relationship status: Broken Up

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2021, 07:51:30 PM »

My ex did evil things, however, I look at her evil in the same way I look at a predator as 'evil'.

These people have a set of intense emotional needs and have developed the necessary tools and standard patterns to fulfil them. It works wonders for them because people (esp. codependent types) enable it. I know I did.

I forgive my ex because I don't blame her for her actions, the same way I don't blame a cat for attacking pigeons in the garden, or a drug addict looking for their next hit. I have completely mentally recategorized her and her behaviors into that of a 'disordered person' and this has helped almost all of my anguish and disgust fade.

However, I haven't yet forgiven myself for enabling a destructive entity like my ex happen to me, which I intend to fix.

I feel like I'm intrigued by her, like I'm sorry for her and even jealous in a way that she'll get to experience the extremes of love so many times in her life - but I don't hold her to the standards I would a non-PD person, if I did, I'd be going nuts.

Goosey

« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2021, 02:22:52 PM »

My ex did evil things, however, I look at her evil in the same way I look at a predator as 'evil'.

These people have a set of intense emotional needs and have developed the necessary tools and standard patterns to fulfil them. It works wonders for them because people (esp. codependent types) enable it. I know I did.

I forgive my ex because I don't blame her for her actions, the same way I don't blame a cat for attacking pigeons in the garden, or a drug addict looking for their next hit. I have completely mentally recategorized her and her behaviors into that of a 'disordered person' and this has helped almost all of my anguish and disgust fade.

However, I haven't yet forgiven myself for enabling a destructive entity like my ex happen to me, which I intend to fix.

I feel like I'm intrigued by her, like I'm sorry for her and even jealous in a way that she'll get to experience the extremes of love so many times in her life - but I don't hold her to the standards I would a non-PD person, if I did, I'd be going nuts.

Thanks “into the wind”.
  Embarrassed how I struggle everyday with my imploded relationship. Embarrassed how I can want to be hit by a cement truck to just stop my brain when I get the rare but triggering email.
  I’m gonna use your words as a Mantra to get through this day.   

Upandown

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2021, 11:47:45 AM »

Into the Wind.  She'll get to experience the extremes of love given to her.  Without returning it.  Really tragic for the people involved.  I was recently discarded in typical abrupt fashion after giving so very, very much.  Including trying to help her as an addict which I found out part way through.  Fortunately it was only 8 months.  I have had other people with bpd traits in my life but she was the first to combine extreme neediness, victimhood, supposed fragility; with the most (in retrospect) glib lying and deception and using with no conscience.  The most shocking thing I've ever experienced.  Related to your point about evil, I think some are.  As Vaknin says, they can be dissociative psychopaths and ARE evil; not intentionally evil.  Evil as a virus is evil or a lioness is evil.  I have some desires for meeting again but I don't know exactly why.  Not to rekindle anything.  I am emotionally very afraid of this person by now.  It would be an arms-length meeting, emotionally.  I know that they can do unimaginable hurtful things with no conscience and no remorse.  Only the shame feeling for them of being found out. 
grumpydonut

Relationship status: Broken up

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2021, 09:35:55 AM »

@upanddown

Hate to play devils advocate, but anything Vaknin says should be taken with many, many grains of salt. He is a liar, who has no official qualification. Everything he says is intuitive, but he states it as scientific fact.
Upandown

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Friend

« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2021, 01:17:27 PM »

That's what I heard about Vaknin before I ever listened to his videos.  I don't know about his qualifications or lies about himself or other areas.  I do know that over the years I have read very much clinical, published information about bpd.  And 90% of what he talks about with respect to bpd can also be found in respected articles.  I changed my mind by listening, not by going with other people's opinions.  The comment I repeated about some bpd people being secondary psychopaths (according to him), can be found in other respected articles (do a search).  Even a book - "The Science of Evil: On Empathy and the Origins of Evil".  It's true he does hypothesize further in some areas but I found him thought provoking and clear thinking in analyzing the disorder.
khibomsis

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb
Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent
Relationship status: Grieving

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2021, 03:30:24 PM »

I forgave mine long ago. Doesn't mean I am OK with what she did, only I am also not OK with the circumstances that made her do it. She is doing the best she can, putting in the work, getting better and staying positive in a world that punishes people like her for being who they are. I am identifying my patterns and working on those. Who am I to judge? 

Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest