Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 05:11:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Before you can make things better, you have to stop making them worse... Have you considered that being critical, judgmental, or invalidating toward the other parent, no matter what she or he just did will only make matters worse? Someone has to be do something. This means finding the motivation to stop making things worse, learning how to interrupt your own negative responses, body language, facial expressions, voice tone, and learning how to inhibit your urges to do things that you later realize are contributing to the tensions.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Almost wishing she'd rebound  (Read 351 times)
sunrising

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: February 17, 2013, 04:58:36 PM »

When I read all the posts on here, I feel great sympathy for every one in this terrible situation.  I thought I was in a somewhat unique and fortunate situation in that my ex was officially diagnosed with BPD and is, at least for the moment, involved in BPD- specific therapy.  However, I'm starting to think that's also a little bit of a curse for me.  I can only assume her therapist has stressed to her how important it is that she not rebound into another relationship.  I also assume she's following this advice, at least for now, because she is still trying to recycle me. Sending me messages about how she misses me; a half dozen or so emails over 3 weeks.  I've only responded to one because she mentioned her mail being forwarded and I asked for her new addresss.  I haven't responded to ANYthing personal. I do still read her messages.  The next step is not doing that.  I know that's what I need to do.  I know if she does rebound, I'll be completely out of the picture and that's what I need.   Such ridiculous mixed feelings... .    My logical side wants her to find someone else so I'm "dead to her".  My sympathetic side wants her to stay single and work on herself.  The problem is, it's not just my sympathetic side. There's also part of me that wants her to "get better" and come back.  I need that part of me to shut up and go away.  

sunrising
daintrovert13

What is your sexual orientation: Gay, lesb

« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 06:48:03 PM »

Mine rebounded. At first I was pissed jealous. Asking why? There was no way I could have rebounded even if I tried we shared too many memories. But, it was sort of evident because she's not one to deal with her emotions alone... .  frankly because she can't. Relationships are her band aid. The only problem is that the new person lives down under. Yikes! I'm glad she's pre occupied because you know what's gonna happen when/if that fails right? That I don't want because I'm healing and a simple text from her set me back emotionally. Always asking me if I'm okay and always saying sorry! *shakin my head*
HarmKrakow

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 12:38:46 AM »

When I read all the posts on here, I feel great sympathy for every one in this terrible situation.  I thought I was in a somewhat unique and fortunate situation in that my ex was officially diagnosed with BPD and is, at least for the moment, involved in BPD- specific therapy.  However, I'm starting to think that's also a little bit of a curse for me.  I can only assume her therapist has stressed to her how important it is that she not rebound into another relationship.  I also assume she's following this advice, at least for now, because she is still trying to recycle me. Sending me messages about how she misses me; a half dozen or so emails over 3 weeks.  I've only responded to one because she mentioned her mail being forwarded and I asked for her new addresss.  I haven't responded to ANYthing personal. I do still read her messages.  The next step is not doing that.  I know that's what I need to do.  I know if she does rebound, I'll be completely out of the picture and that's what I need.   Such ridiculous mixed feelings... .    My logical side wants her to find someone else so I'm "dead to her".  My sympathetic side wants her to stay single and work on herself.  The problem is, it's not just my sympathetic side. There's also part of me that wants her to "get better" and come back.  I need that part of me to shut up and go away. 

First of all, I think a certain percentage of people here on this forum would give this 'ex' a try again. Why? 1) She's in therapy 2) love/clinging phase is awesome.  So for that I would already want to tell you, well done in regards of this detachment of yours. It seems you already went through a few phases of detachment!

The question, either full neglecting/NC or sending an email wishing her best of luck is something I can't answer. I know if I would be in your situation I would try again and rebound with the girl.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest