Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
May 01, 2024, 12:44:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Depression = 72% of members
Take the test, read about the implications, and check out the remedies.
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My exBPD threw acid NOT salt into my wounds  (Read 399 times)
Khenkis

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 01, 2013, 02:26:29 PM »

So, the ex and I were together for four years.

Anyway, long story short, she gave me an ultimatum to contact her by midnight otherwise we were through. Of course, I was too angry and unstable to talk to her at that time. Heck! I've been asking her for months to just leave me alone for a few days just so I could come back to my senses because I knew my anger was clouding my thoughts/judgments. Anyway, I forced these days of no contact with her until I regained my composure. What do I find when I contact her? Well, apparently she dumps me through text then tells me to never contact her ever again. In my state of weakness, I begged her to reconsider to no avail and eventually got her to consider us to at least be "friends" or as she says "provide emotional support for one another". Next she tells me to move on because she's found a new man AND, get this, shows me a picture... .  of her and her new man kissing each other!

I'm nine months NC... .  still burns though... .  
HarmKrakow

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2013, 04:04:14 PM »

So, the ex and I were together for four years.

Anyway, long story short, she gave me an ultimatum to contact her by midnight otherwise we were through. Of course, I was too angry and unstable to talk to her at that time. Heck! I've been asking her for months to just leave me alone for a few days just so I could come back to my senses because I knew my anger was clouding my thoughts/judgments. Anyway, I forced these days of no contact with her until I regained my composure. What do I find when I contact her? Well, apparently she dumps me through text then tells me to never contact her ever again. In my state of weakness, I begged her to reconsider to no avail and eventually got her to consider us to at least be "friends" or as she says "provide emotional support for one another". Next she tells me to move on because she's found a new man AND, get this, shows me a picture... .  of her and her new man kissing each other!

I'm nine months NC... .  still burns though... .  

This happened now or 9 months ago?
Themis

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 09:55:23 PM »

Wow!

In my arrogant opinion anyone that breaks up with someone via text is lame.   

A break-up of a long-term relationship is done with the respect it deserves. A face-to-face conversation, complete with reasons for breaking up, goodbye speech, asking the "do you still want to be friends?" question before parting tearfully and with a hug.

Or if ended on a bad note, an explanation said in screaming and emotional outbursts, slammed doors, and face-to-face communication.

Even the latter is better than a damn text message!

Photo of her kissing? What the heck? You are one strong man. All I can say is you don't want to be with someone that disrespectful. How lame.

Khenkis

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 10:45:13 PM »

Harmkrakow - It actually happened 11 months ago. However, I state nine because two months consisted of sporadic contact.

Themis -

Wow!

In my arrogant opinion anyone that breaks up with someone via text is lame.   

A break-up of a long-term relationship is done with the respect it deserves. A face-to-face conversation, complete with reasons for breaking up, goodbye speech, asking the "do you still want to be friends?" question before parting tearfully and with a hug.

Or if ended on a bad note, an explanation said in screaming and emotional outbursts, slammed doors, and face-to-face communication.

Even the latter is better than a damn text message!

Photo of her kissing? What the heck? You are one strong man. All I can say is you don't want to be with someone that disrespectful. How lame.

I believe a break-up of a long-term relationship should be done with respect as well. Looking back I remember I begged her to at least do it in person or on the phone too.

Yes... .  the photo of them kissing... .  truthfully it still haunts ever so vividly from time to time.

However, as you'e alluded, everyone deserves respect. Thank you for your kind words.
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest