Home page of BPDFamily.com, online relationship supportMember registration here
April 28, 2024, 02:54:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Board Admins: Kells76, Once Removed, Turkish
Senior Ambassadors: Cat Familiar, EyesUp, SinisterComplex
  Help!   Boards   Please Donate Login to Post New?--Click here to register  
bing
Things we can't afford to ignore
Depression: Stop Being Tortured by Your Own Thoughts
Surviving a Break-up when Your Partner has BPD
My Definition of Love. I have Borderline Personality Disorder.
Codependency and Codependent Relationships
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Detach but heal  (Read 386 times)
freshlySane

What is your sexual orientation: Straight

« on: March 03, 2013, 07:48:21 AM »

You guys know I have done all the no nos Breaking NC Blaming myself ruminating not looking inward to fix the problems. but you guys gave me great advice and the stories and lessons have helped me. I extend this to you.

Find something that makes you happy again make daily goals to help you get your mind out the gutter and in a more positive healthy place. run walk work out play video games if that helps talk it out to people who understand like a T or family or friends who will listen post on the bpdfamily.com.

For me i had this dream about my expwBPD i woke up and i opened the laptop and wrote i posted it online it was a fictional fantasy story but the basis was BPD and i got a comment that made me cry  but a good cry i felt so relieved i could express my feelings in a medium i loved to do but forgot because i made my life about her.

occupy you time with healthy things that help you heal and not distract you from whats important you and learning about you.
Rose Tiger

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 08:31:26 AM »

Yay on you FreshlySane!  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)  Very happy for you!  What do you think was the catalyst to turning this corner? 
freshlySane

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 08:43:20 AM »

Yay on you FreshlySane!  Doing the right thing (click to insert in post)  Very happy for you!  What do you think was the catalyst to turning this corner? 

funny as it sounds a dream and she was the center and the dream played out everything held no punches i woke up hurt but i woke up not clouded i woke up seeing her for the real her and when i wrote my story i felt like finally . its clear i deserve to be happy and ill fight for that tooth and nail
Rose Tiger

Who in your life has "personality" issues: Parent

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 08:53:48 AM »

Yes, you sure do deserve to be treated well and to pursue things that make you happy.  What stage of Detachment do you think you've reached?  (Five stages to the right on the forum... .  )
real lady

Relationship status: Living together, engaged but had been VERY ROCKY from Nov. 2011 to August 2012...evening out now...I am in counseling!!

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 09:06:21 AM »

occupy you time with healthy things that help you heal and not distract you from whats important you and learning about you.

awesome. thanks freshly sane... .  I believe that this is SO TRUE... .  Taking GOOD care of ourselves and LIVING OUR LIVES are the best things that we can do for ourselves whether or not we have loved/lived with someone with BPD... .  we may need to be reminded because somewhere along the line we STOPPED caring for us... .  it is OK to care for ourselves again. 
freshlySane

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2013, 09:08:26 AM »

Creative Action ... .  a lot of thing i did before was to prove something to her i work out it was because her new guy  is so muscular i got a job i hated because i wanted to make more money for her. Now i am writing for me working out for me finishing my education for me it feels so foreign to think of me but i love it its like a honeymoon phase with myself
real lady

Relationship status: Living together, engaged but had been VERY ROCKY from Nov. 2011 to August 2012...evening out now...I am in counseling!!

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2013, 09:35:59 AM »

Creative Action ... .  a lot of thing i did before was to prove something to her i work out it was because her new guy  is so muscular i got a job i hated because i wanted to make more money for her. Now i am writing for me working out for me finishing my education for me it feels so foreign to think of me but i love it its like a honeymoon phase with myself

Smiling (click to insert in post)  
Can You Help Us Stay on the Air in 2024?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Our 2023 Financial Sponsors
We are all appreciative of the members who provide the funding to keep BPDFamily on the air.
12years
alterK
AskingWhy
At Bay
Cat Familiar
CoherentMoose
drained1996
EZEarache
Flora and Fauna
ForeverDad
Gemsforeyes
Goldcrest